• We're hiring!

Junior 3D Artist wanted! We're currently looking for a junior 3D Artist with some experience in Unity, Blender and possibly other 3D tools. More info can be found here.

On Mercenaries and Companions

Billhuggins

That makes sense to me. I agree that they would unbalance the game, because the game feels pretty balanced with your class plus a companion.

That's not what I think is bugged, if that's by design.
Their cost goes up. But their level does not. Either they should get stronger, or their cost should remain the same.

I appreciate you stepping in to comment!

BOSTACH

Mercenaries are extremely useful from level 1-3 just sayin... If you get a companion for 50 golds you probably could clear the 2 tombs and kill the fire dancer and they'll survive

Billhuggins

I would say they are very useful all the way until they stop leveling at level 7. But, again, only if you get the more expensive one, and it's a level above you. The 1st couple of levels it makes the most difference, but it helps a ton on the next handful as well. I don't need better armor if the Merc is taking hits (as long as it doesn't die). I don't need a good weapon if the Merc is doing damage (as long as it doesn't die). It's the best use of money if you need help. Easily.

I'm on my 3rd playthrough, with the warrior. 1st was wizard, then thief. I don't know if I could have made it without the mercenary with the wiz and thief. Would have been very hard. Warrior didn't need it, but I got Griselda almost immediately.