Offhand damage question as reported on the wiki.

Sounkeng

The wiki reports 2 different damage types: elemental and generic damage.

However, it reports the dps for generic damage as half of what I would expect and also half of what is reported for elemental damage.

As an example. If we take the bluesteel dagger has an attack speed of 10 and a damage of 4 and 0 critical. I would expect the dps for that weapon to be 4. However a dps of 2 is what is reported.

Where as the flaming dirk has all the same stats except the damage is fire, and the reported dps is 4 (which is what I would expect).

I know we recently reworked the elemental damage calculation on elemental offhands, and I just want to confirm that we didn't correct it the wrong way.

Zwackley

Loreseeker
I just fixed the problem with the wiki's stats for the bluesteel dir and other non-elemental off-hand weapons. I will explain the problem as a reference for future editors.
Non-elemental weapon damage always has a range of damage, whereas elemental weapon damage has a fixed damage amount. For the bluesteel dirk, the wiki had the min damage as 4 and the max damage of 0. The average was calculated as (4+0)/2=2. I set the max to 4 to get (4+4)/2=4.