Off-Hand weapon for Warrior

Xen

Loreseeker
I've noticed there are only two notable off-hand weapons that a warrior can use, those are Tarand's Hatchet with a Slow effect (should be Stun instead) and Hatchet. A warrior can't benefit much by joining Seventh House so it's not advisable to do that if just for the other off-hand weapon, my suggestion is to add better off-hand weapons for warrior, either other elements aside from fire or better version of the Hatchet

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
I've brought this up before but it didn't make it into 1.3.

If you join the Seventh House you can be offered Assassinate, Poison Master, and Smoke Bomb, which a Rogue only. So your literal only benefit is the best Warrior off-hand weapons. The unfortunate answer is either go 2-Handed or go Hand & Shield. Dual Wielding, already the worst of the combat styles, is even worse for Warriors.

SlothPrince

New Warrior skill:
off hand weapon use
Light weapons only in off hand
strength 4 and agility 4 required
Level 3 duel required.

That would be fun to have.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
All a Warrior needs is access to Lightning Dirk or Toecutter. (They get Tarand's Hatchet, but come on that's an end-game weapon).

Warriors don't even get the stun-lock combo (no Devourer Sting) so those off-hand weapons wouldn't ruin game balance. But with a light short sword in the main hand (Falchion, Magma, Sonnet, Icicle) or possibly a hammer (Flaming, Despair, Spirit Breaker) along with Duel, Flurry, Heavyhand, that would be an interesting build. Not optimal, but interesting.

But to have literal junk in the offhand until Bappasalar Cave is disheartening.

Molokot

Well warriors have warrior weapons, and theres nothing strange , that they arent good in using rogue ones, only offhand i am sometimes using on warrior is flaming something if i want to kill trolls . You could also say that you want plate armors on rogue because he cant use one, it is pointless.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Nobody is suggesting Warriors get Rogue-only weapons. The point of Lightning Dirk or Toecutter is Warriors CAN use them but CANNOT get access to them.

As for the "you could also say", you might want to rethink that. Rogues get Traitor's Chain, Armour 16. Standard Plate is Armour 13, Myrosian is 17 and Legion 18. So Rogues get an armour way above plate and only a fraction behind Myrosian & Legion, and Bloodied Scarf removes the negative of Traitors. Sailor Buckler then Wisdom of the Seas puts the Rogue a point or two behind similar stage Warriors, but being Rogues are Agility based (with +2 belt) they should be if anything ahead of the tank in terms of armor. Just grind one Mausoleum with Hirge.

Xen

Loreseeker
Well warriors have warrior weapons, and theres nothing strange , that they arent good in using rogue ones, only offhand i am sometimes using on warrior is flaming something if i want to kill trolls . You could also say that you want plate armors on rogue because he cant use one, it is pointless.
No you don't get the point, what i'm saying is just for alternative build. I want to play warrior because it's my first time for that class but I don't want to build like anybody else. And why allow Warrior to equip light weapons and off-hand if it's not meant for the class? It doesn't make sense, right? So don't get me started with the full-plate-on-rogue logic 😉👌

Molokot

Well thats exactly your problem , you played earlier cleric and rogue and you want to copy their playstyle on warrior, why not to try something diffrent ? Belive me its fun. I know it is superannoying that you have to invest 8 skill points in infantry training, and that your only viable gear in whole game is dragon hunter shield and adamantite sword, but it works ,and it works realy well, evrything else is a weakling compared to warrior in tank spec, you dont need to stunlock anything, they cant kill you :D

Xen

Loreseeker
No you don't get it again, I never wanted to copy them or even other player's build that's why I said I want an alternative build which is a light weapon warrior with off-hand weapon. I don't know if your reading comprehension is bad or you're doing this to make people feel sorry for you
BTW I think you look more problematic than me just suggesting for an off-hand weapon.

Last edited:

Molokot

I didint designed that, developer did. He gave it a thought and made special precautions so you cant have good light weapon warrior.
If you think i didint tried to make such warrior, then you are wrong. I tried EVRYTHING.
And yes it would be nice if warrior armor from Ark wasnt worse than priest (useless stability , that is allready on shoes, instead of stun immunity) and it would be nice if infatry training would work with light weapons or even without shield. And then you could have what you want.
But as i said for some reasons known to him (probably trying to balance power between difrent clases), developer decided to make it how it is.