No Rumor Bosses

derekp

New Member
Joined
19/05/2017
Messages
11
Hi,

Can't wait to see the new content, but I have to complete collecting the 12 shards first. The only problem is that no matter how long I play, the only rumors I get are related to town hall quests. I have PER 7, and my companions have at least a few points invested there. I've tried swapping companions around as well as going solo to try again, but I never get anything related to Rumor Bosses. Seems to be stuck....any thoughts?

Regards,
d.
 

Isiliax

New Member
Joined
02/07/2017
Messages
88
derekp":3ef9w2az said:
Hi,

Can't wait to see the new content, but I have to complete collecting the 12 shards first. The only problem is that no matter how long I play, the only rumors I get are related to town hall quests. I have PER 7, and my companions have at least a few points invested there. I've tried swapping companions around as well as going solo to try again, but I never get anything related to Rumor Bosses. Seems to be stuck....any thoughts?

Regards,
d.
Maybe try to end all town hall quests that already are taken. After that sleep day or two and go for a gossip mission to inns, good place for it is Freetown, u got there 2 Inns and fast travel to third in nearby town by boat.
Maybe you are accepting too many town hall quests and rumour bosses don't have a chance to break through them.
 

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Joined
28/02/2015
Messages
7,466
You need actual game time to pass. Simply sleeping 12 hours won't make them spawn, so just play the game and check for rumors every hour or so.
 

derekp

New Member
Joined
19/05/2017
Messages
11
VDX_360":2krdiwkr said:
This question is getting asked a little more often lately. Previous thread answer:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13940

DavidBVal":2krdiwkr said:
You need actual game time to pass. Simply sleeping 12 hours won't make them spawn, so just play the game and check for rumors every hour or so.

Thanks all, but I would conservatively estimate that I played >2 hours before posting the initial message, and easily >2 hours since. In that time I've revisited all of the larger dungeons, completed 4-5 townhall quests, and had all townhall quests completed for at least a couple hours. I'll try to log some time tonight and try again before posting back, but I have my doubts that the issue is impatience. ;-)
 

hueydvr38

Loreseeker
Joined
15/08/2017
Messages
181
Location
USA
DavidBVal":39w83exg said:
You need actual game time to pass. Simply sleeping 12 hours won't make them spawn, so just play the game and check for rumors every hour or so.

Thanks all, but I would conservatively estimate that I played >2 hours before posting the initial message, and easily >2 hours since. In that time I've revisited all of the larger dungeons, completed 4-5 townhall quests, and had all townhall quests completed for at least a couple hours. I'll try to log some time tonight and try again before posting back, but I have my doubts that the issue is impatience. ;-)[/quote]

Assuming you are checking every 30-40 minutes, the only other thing I can think of is your gossip rating is too low. With gear mine is 49% and I seem to catch them when they pop up. If yours is a lot lower, that may be the issue.
 

Sounkeng

Member
Joined
07/11/2016
Messages
579
hueydvr38":1b0ndycr said:
Assuming you are checking every 30-40 minutes, the only other thing I can think of is your gossip rating is too low. With gear mine is 49% and I seem to catch them when they pop up. If yours is a lot lower, that may be the issue.

With a perception score of 7 that should not be his problem.

Sometimes the wait time before rumor bosses is kinda long. I have had to wait several hours before, but typically they reset within 1-2 hours.
 

VDX_360

Staff member
Moderator
Joined
20/01/2017
Messages
6,173
Hmmm... It's possible there's just an unlucky factor here... unlucky in either the rumor boss spawning or unlucky in not getting gossip about it. Possible but after 4 hours of game play, something does seem to be remiss here.....

Device, version, last rumor boss completed?
 

derekp

New Member
Joined
19/05/2017
Messages
11
VDX_360":2muir4es said:
Hmmm... It's possible there's just an unlucky factor here... unlucky in either the rumor boss spawning or unlucky in not getting gossip about it. Possible but after 4 hours of game play, something does seem to be remiss here.....

Device, version, last rumor boss completed?

Wandering around last night, I found a path I had missed
in the Hellish cave, that led me to the Greater Demon.
So I recovered an 8th shard there, which hopefully/maybe/possibly will clear the logjam I've been experiencing.

To answer your question though:
HTC M8 / 1.0.1024 / NEVER!

Somehow the rumor boss aspect of the game went completely over my head until I looked it up online recently, so the shards I have came mainly from quests + possibly a couple of random encounters. I distinctly recall receiving rumors at the Inn, but since they were unrelated to the Town Hall quests I was on at the time, I discarded them as useless info. What a broomhead.
 

VDX_360

Staff member
Moderator
Joined
20/01/2017
Messages
6,173
What's your gossip rate (or that of your companion?). Only the higher of the two are used.
 

Top