Nintendo switch / Playstation platforms support

fruty

Exiled kingdom is my favorite game, so respect you for such product.

I know, that the development was stoped, but maybe you can recompile ready game for the nintendo switch platform ?

Nintendo market shop is potential good platform for now, because not so many games now there presents and you could take your piece of cake ;)

I can buy it from several accounts. ))

Playstation is good thing too, but the competitiveness is more difficult on that platform.

Mod Note: topic moved to feedback

---

P.S. If the development is fully closed and you don't plan any support more, maybe someday you can share the source code for opensource community ?))

p4ran0id

Staff member
Nice idea, but it's way more complicated than you think. EK is not made with unity engine so porting to PS or Nintendo is very complicated, nearly impossible. Would take much time and learning, so don't hope that this will ever happen.

Ps: I moved it to feedback, support is only for problems with EK

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Depending on sales potential perhaps it's worth David's time inquiring if there is a talented Unity developer out who could do the port.

Outsourcing ports is something even the biggest developers do.

VDX_360

Staff member
Wait, the paranoid persons is telling us to trust them????

The world has really gone mad.

Porting between devices sounds like a lovely concept, till you get into the weeds of the software and hardware differences. What seems like an easy thing to do, can be a nightmare of hellish frustration.

It's almost like major gaming companies actively force developers to choose a side....

p4ran0id

Staff member
Yep, specially Nintendo would be a nightmare, the whole game would have to be reconstructed, switch doesn't use x86/64 processor, so the whole game needs new libraries to be usable and so on...

That's really harder than some people imagine, it's like making a new game just for one platform. Even port for PS should be very difficult, you can't use DirectX like for Windows.