new update is hard :)

tal

im lvl 11 cleric with lvl 9 or 10 grissenda
before the update i could get to the troll lair and clear around half of it
also killed the dragon
now dragon *Sir Shanks has Bob Ross-ed this word and painted a happy little tree* me
and cant even reach the troll lair

maybe if i could retrait things will be better...
my traits are messed up and i don't want to restart the game

Sir ShanksAlot

I Do not have the update yet or I would provide advice. But I am curious about your stats? What are your trait stats?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I'll stay tuned to this thread. Tested it myself and it was a challenge, but of course I am not a player, feedback is valuable. My target was to make it as challenging as the early levels were.

If you're using a cleric, find yourself a good maul.

Dragon: a level 11 cleric should be destroyed by a level 16 dragon.

Sir ShanksAlot

DavidBVal":3n68pz3v said:
I'll stay tuned to this thread. Tested it myself and it was a challenge, but of course I am not a player, feedback is valuable. My target was to make it as challenging as the early levels were.

If you're using a cleric, find yourself a good maul.

Dragon: a level 11 cleric should be destroyed by a level 16 dragon.

I'll test that theory ;). I have the Cleric class down.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Just shortly played with this new changes. Higher levels are really much harder to kill, just few enemies over L10 and almost whole HP are gone (left with about 20% for killing about 6 L10+ enemies and few "normal" under L10 enemies). And, I'm L15.

So, it is much harder now.

Still didn't tried to go among trolls, but as I had hard times there with cleave and whirlwind as they were before, I think this will be really hard. I probably wouldn't be able to kill troll king.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Please also mention on what difficulty you are playing. Thanks!

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Normal level, thought hard would be too hard.

EDIT: And I play alone, without companion. A bit greedy for XP. Don't want share it with anyone. :D

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Alan_SP":1ioewb6q said:
Normal level, thought hard would be too hard.

I begin suspecting, I might have gone a tad too far. Ay level 15 normal dif, you should be able to kill the troll king, sweating for it.

Edit: it might be that, companions add a lot of DPS. What level 10+ monsters were you fighting exactly?

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
I, had road encounter, three enemies, they wanted money to let me pass, I just go with closing their little operation for good. Not sure what exact level they were, but over L10. Maybe L12-13, something like this. Different levels for sure.

After that there were also that orc sergeant I mention from TH quest. Also three enemies, he was I think L15, his companions L12 if I'm not mistaken.

And few "normal" bandits.

But, I really need to play more to see how hard it really is.

Before, for something like this I would loose about 30% if that of HP.

Martinbelfast

I not really notice that the game is any harder ? I killed the king easy And clear out all the trolls no problem with a warrior 2h fire sword