New to the game. Have a question about a good first build to use?

Zanatar

Hi all, I am new to the game. First time playing it. I am playing it on my Ipad Air 2.

Two questions to start:

1) I read up on a few of the posts on builds and first time players. And I know there are quite a lot of builds that exist. Entire threads dedicated to it. Warrior seems to be the consensus for first time players.

So I am looking for a good fun Warrior build that will get me to end game. I like a well thought out build , with lots of description on the build and how it's used etc.

I was looking at the Wiki. And on the wiki , under Builds for Warriors, there is one called "Warrior Build - Blood Thirster"

It seems to have a lot of detail. Which is what I'm looking for.

So my question is, is this Blood Thirster Build a viable build to get a newbie player to end game? Or should I be looking for something else?

2) A quick 2nd question.. I found a Discord for Exiled Kingdoms, but it seems to be dead. Is the community dead here too? Last person to talk on the discord was this past Wednesday.

Thanks,
Zanatar.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
There is no official discord (I don't have time for that) but this place is alive and well. Certainly more sleepy now that I'm in the middle of building my next game, but people post regularly.

Regarding builds, I'll let other people advise but you should know you can spend some gold and redistribute all your skills/traits, it's the kind of gold you can easily afford when you're high level, so don't be too worried about having a build viable from beginning to end; you can change it later.

MikeyB

Warriors are fun in this game. Blood Thirster is more end game but gain skills that will help you get to where you would like to be. Like Dave said you can always redistribute and try again if it’s not working for you.

Have fun and grind on

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Warrior is an ideal starting build.

If you read, the Blood Thirster is a Level 20 reset. That is to say you're intended to have a different build until then by which point you'll have built up enough Attribute and Skill points to create one, via a reset you can purchase at a guildhouse.

Your early days grind is a different thing. Just play, play, play.

Chefbobby203

Starting as warrior I cannot recommend 2 handed weapons strongly enough. With skill investment you will get a large damage boost from strength gains.

Also try to max fury at some point and take battle rage. Paralysis is the one huge black eye on this game's mechanics and you will want a way to break out of it to avoid frustration

p4ran0id

Staff member
Zanatar":1h3f7tmy said:
2) A quick 2nd question.. I found a Discord for Exiled Kingdoms, but it seems to be dead. Is the community dead here too? Last person to talk on the discord was this past Wednesday.

There is an inoficial discord channel which is very active. I joined it also (primary to check it but I stayed there since it's funny sometimes), if you like try that out

https://discord.gg/tgtrMh5

If you like to chat it's OK. But most informations you can get in that forum and the wiki ;)

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Chefbobby203":1ow0fvwg said:
Starting as warrior I cannot recommend 2 handed weapons strongly enough. With skill investment you will get a large damage boost from strength gains. Also take Battle Rage.

I went this route and it's hellish fun. I ended up with Aidon as my initial companion (and for a long time) and I won't lie even on Normal it was quite challenging at times (I didn't buy Health Potions, massive overstocking yourself seems a bit Cheesy Way Out to play imo). Even though you can deal great damage, and to crowds, you're not getting that shield bonus (directly, plus a threshold bonus) or a bonus from higher Agility. So you take damage. Focus on the best Armour value armour and get a few points of Endurance and get Body Development.

I left Hirge for ages (mid-teen levels) and getting her was a night-and-day change in difficulty. Her drip-drip-drip-ing health into you rather than you see it inexorably ebb away...