New technical Beta of Exiled Kingdoms (no new content)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
And how about IOS users, do you guys have plan to update 1.3 version on IOS ?

The situation hasn't changed for iOS: hardware and software barriers prevent me from updating the iOS version.

The hardware problem I will solve by purchasing a modern Mac capable of meeting the newest (and questionable) requirements for updating apps in App Store. Unfortunately, the software problem looks worse. Some of the libraries and components present in the game are also likely to not work well with the newest requirements, so it's uncertain wether I'll succeed or not. All I can promise is I'll give it my best try, sometime next year when Archaelund gives me a truce. My apologies for all the inconvenience.

Van Clayzer

I'm thinking about going back to the normal version for the time being that this beta doesn't reach the play store, would it be a good thing to do? What do you say?

VDX_360

Staff member
@dvcong , Sadly, that seems unlikely.

Sometime ago Apple went in a direction that is not compatible with the tools being used by a lot of independent developers. So a lot of independent games would have to be re-work their games from the ground up to be compatible with Apple's requirements.

In Apple's defense, it's design and software requirements are allegedly down to reduce compatibility problems, improve device stability, and reduce vulnerabilities in Apple products. That being said, there are more than a few independent developers who feel like it's Apple abusing it's monopoly to force independent developers to comply with it's standards and use Apple endorsed products.

It's not impossible that Apple will see an update with all the newer content, but, don't count on it.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I'm thinking about going back to the normal version for the time being that this beta doesn't reach the play store, would it be a good thing to do? What do you say?

Switching between current Beta and current public version is fine, nothing bad will happen. If the red-color bug is annoying you it might be a good idea.

In any case, it's been for a week in review now, I don't think it can take much longer but of course it could be rejected for some weird reason, one never knows.

Van Clayzer

I just did the test, I left the normal version and went to the public one, unfortunately the bug remained, I think I'll have to deal with it until the beta update arrives, I don't know why this is happening, since theoretically this bug would be in the beta version of the game

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I just did the test, I left the normal version and went to the public one, unfortunately the bug remained, I think I'll have to deal with it until the beta update arrives, I don't know why this is happening, since theoretically this bug would be in the beta version of the game
You should never have that bug unless you are still on 1.3.1206, what version number do you have in the main menu?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I just checked, and 1.3.1207 was just approved and should be rolling out to Beta Testers, and it should not have the red-color bug although a forceclose or device reboot is advisable.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
1.3.1207 is currently rolling out as a public release - but very slowly. I might not make a full rollout until the end of the month.

Dolov

Once Archaelund is completed, maybe, I really don't know. Before that, no.
I just loved the game, it had been years since I spent hours and hours on the same game.

I would like to see updates and new map locations, I have no idea how a game is produced, but I would try to help if you want, I'm on discord.

I'm brazilian.

Status
Not open for further replies.