NEW SUGESTION FOR A NECROMANCER GUILD

Brunors95

THE NEW TOLASSIANS

I am going to propose a new guild, the New Tolassians, which should be a new guild for Mage-only, so players would need to join this new guild to learn and become a Necromancer, the idea for this new class, is to make Necromancers available to be played while having a good storyline behind this guild.

This new subclass would offer new merchants that will be specialized on selling death elemental items on weaponry and armor.

New NPCs offering missions to be completed for the guild to improve reputation, unique equipment, and ability to learn powerful necromancer advanced skills.

The storyline behind this guild is that they would be a sect that learns necromance magic arts, the adepts of this cult are on to worship Tol as they seek for knowledge, so they have formed a cult to learn mysteries of the dead, their knowledge comes from ancient books that they have found, so they have accomplished the ways of putting in practice powerful spell castings of dark magics to become more powerful.

This guild should be in all major city locations, except Nivarian, as the clerics have prejudice against members of the New Tolassians and aren’t very welcomed on their lands.

In New Garand, there might be a house gathering members of this guild, with merchant, and a rest place, same in Freetown.

In Icemist, they would operate widely open among the other mages as a separate respected guild, I would suggest that players can join the New Tolassians in Icemist, close to the Sogarad’s teleportation circle as there is a closed door in there.

All merchants of the New Tolassians will sell Tolassian’s set along with Tolassian Greatstaff and Wand, they also should sell potions, specially Greater Potion of Death Ward and Potion of Epic Death Ward.

For melee weapons, I would suggest merchants of this guild to sell Greataxe of Falling Stars and Soul Cleaver.

For more other items, I would suggest selling Toga of the Theurgist and Ring of Death Ward.

NEW ADVANCED SKILLS FOR MAGE-NECROMANCER:

Skeleton Warrior
Description: You are capable of summoning a skeleton warrion that deals physical and fire damage for 5 minutes. You can only keep one summoned creature at the same time and its level can never go above yours.
Prerequisites: New Tolassians membership; Lesser Summoning 2; Personality 4;
Lvl 1: Summon a level 8 Skeletal Warrior. Mana Cost: 35
Lvl 2: Summon a level 11 Skeletal Champion. Mana Cost: 50
Lvl 3: Summon a level 14 Fallen Hero. Mana Cost: 70

Skeleton Archer
Description: You are capable of summoning a skeleton archer that deals physical and cold damage for 5 minutes. You can only keep one summoned creature at the same time and its level can never go above yours.
Prerequisites: New Tolassians membership; Lesser Summoning 2; Personality 3;
Lvl 1: Summon a level 7 Skeletal Archer. Mana Cost: 30
Lvl 2: Summon a level 10 Skeletal Archer. Mana Cost: 40
Lvl 3: Summon a level 13 Skeletal Elite Archer. Mana Cost: 50

Power of Death
Description: You are capable of summoning a powerful evoker or lich armed with a greatstaff that deals only death elemental damage, and, heals himself or your group, for 5 minutes. You can only keep one summoned creature at the same time and its level can never go above yours.
Prerequisites: New Tolassians membership; Lesser Summoning 2; Personality 4; Intelligence 4;
Lvl 1: Summon a level 9 Evoker. Mana Cost: 45
Lvl 2: Summon a level 12 Evoker. Mana Cost: 70
Lvl 3: Summon a level 16 Lich. Mana Cost: 90

Mana Regeneration (Passive)
Description: You learn the power of constant intellectual concentration by using old dark magics, as a result you learn how to keep with a permanent mana regeneration by the time.
Requirement: New Tolassians membership; Intellect 3 and Mana Surge 2
Lvl 1: Recovers automatically 1 mana point every 10 seconds
Lvl 2: Recovers automatically 2 mana points every 8 seconds
Lvl 3: Recovers automatically 3 mana points every 6 seconds

Dark Mage (Active and Passive)
Description: You learn the mysteries of death magic powers that make you stronger and protect your mind for a short period of time. It also permanently reduces mana cost of wands or staffs that deal death damage.
Requirements: New Tolassians membership; Intellect 3 and Personality 3
Lvl 1: You gain +8 to death and spirit resistance. If using a weapon that has death damage it increases your death damage, if holding a wand by +2, if holding staff by +4 for 12 seconds. It also reduces passively mana cost when wielding a weapon that deals death damage with arcane attribute by 1. Mana cost: 6
Lvl 2: You gain +14 to death and spirit resistance. If using a weapon that has death damage it increases your death damage, if holding a wand by +4, if holding a staff by +8 for 16 seconds. It also reduces passively mana cost when wielding a weapon that deals death damage with arcane attribute by 3. Mana Cost: 9
Lvl 3: You gain +25 to death and spirit resistance. If using a weapon that has death damage it increases your death damage, if holding a wand by +5, if holding a staff by +10 for 20 seconds. It also reduces passively mana cost when wielding a wand or staff that deals death damage with arcane attribute by 5. Mana Cost: 12

Tolassian Armored Knight (Passive)
Description: As a necromancer you can use any armor that has death resistance, even shields.
Requirements: New Tolassians membership;
Lvl 1: You can use any armor that has death resistance normally.
Lvl 2: You can use any shield that has death resistance normally.
Lvl 3: You gain +0.5 armor point and +2 death resistance for each armor piece of equipment that has death resistance which is equipped on you, including shields, cloaks, orbs, rings, and amulets.

Ipalalien

I would like a necromancer mage, its seems fun.

I Would to Summon lich and have hirge as companion so they can Heal each other, that will be great for long dungeon run.

Deleted member 28869

Petition to rename the guild to the Church of Tol, because it sounds nice. I also think having hirge oppose to you joining is a nice touch, along with a decrease in reputation with ilmara.

Last edited:

IAmOdie

Hirge: No!! You are the chosen one, chosen directly by the Three! I can not allow this heresy, this madness! How could you succumb to the power of the foul undead?! How could you allow yourself to be tempted by the power of the very enemy of the Three?! Is this... Is this also the work of fate...?

You: Haha, Fallen Hero go brrr!
Post automatically merged:    

It's up to the dev on whether Hirge would still follow you nonetheless or would no longer follow you ever should you join the New Tolassians or not. But here's the thing, though: Tol, according to his own quotes, wanted to create a world where both the living and the dead to live in harmony. It is his followers who mistook his words and created a civilization of death and destruction. He wished he would have his Crown back, so he could fix his mistakes.

I think it would be nice if the Guild leaders try to either fulfill his dreams, or to conquer the world with the power of death and destruction and make it the Dark Age. The latter would also mean we are challenging the Three: Arbenos in Thyrr Mountain, Nivaria in Lake Nivar, and Thelume in Crystal Palace, and if this is the case, say goodbye to our dear Hirge. If it's the former, you will have to seriously convince Hirge to join you with the cause.

Anyway, how about these skills for Warrior, Rogue, or Cleric if they are to join the New Tolassians guild?
Death Knight (Passive) Warrior ✔, Rogue ✔, Cleric ✔
You learn the mysteries of death powers that make you stronger and protect your mind for the next 12 seconds.
Lvl 1: You gain +8 Death and Spirit resistance. Using a weapon that has death damage will increase your death damage by +2. Cooldown: 12 Seconds. Skill Cost: 2
Lvl 2: You gain +16 to Death and Spirit resistance. Using a weapon that has death damage will increase your death damage by +3. Cooldown: 12 Seconds. Skill Cost: 3
Lvl 3: You gain +24 to Death and Spirit resistance. Using a weapon that has death damage will increase your death damage by +4. Cooldown: 12 Seconds. Skill Cost: 4

Tol's Barrier (Passive) Warrior ✔, Rogue ✔
The blessing of Tol grants you protection and allows you to deal more damage against non-Undead.
Lvl 1: For Rogue, gain +1 Armor, an extra +1 vs Beasts
Lvl 2: For Rogue, gain +2 Armor, an extra +1 vs Humans
Lvl 3: For Rogue, gain +3 Armor, an extra +1 vs Giant and Dragon

Dark Shield (Active) Cleric ✔
The power of Dark protects you from harm, and from Light magic.
Lvl 1: Gain +4 Armor and +25 resistance vs Spirit, for 12 Seconds. Cooldown 15 Seconds. Skill Cost: 1
Lvl 2: Gain +6 Armor and +40 resistance vs Spirit, for 12 Seconds. Cooldown 15 Seconds. Skill Cost: 2
Lvl 3: Gain +8 Armor and +60 resistance vs Spirit, for 12 Seconds. Cooldown 15 Seconds. Skill Cost: 2
Lvl 4: Gain +10 Armor and +80 resistance vs Spirit, for 12 Seconds. Cooldown 15 Seconds. Skill Cost: 2

Last edited:

Dukaan

Sounds like an excellent idea to me, hopefully the founders accept this suggestion

Kogorn

I like this idea too, except that as opposed to summoning liches, I would love for there to be an option to become one, and for the method to be only subtly hinted at, where the player would have to follow clues to figure it out and complete the process.

Arcanmaster

I don't like Mana Regeneration. I think Immolation is better. Immolation would restore your and allies' mana and health depending on type and size of enemy you killed. Level up would increase amount of restored mana or health by 50% (100% on level 1, 150% on 2, 200% on 3).
Skill cost: 2 points for level 1, 2 for 2, 3 for 3.