New Player Hello

Hisoka Approves

Loreseeker
Hey MrSwepty!

I can tell you that you have one hell of a ride waiting for you. This game is something special. I hope you have loads of fun like i did.

MrSwepty

Thank you I need an opinion on something.

When I stsrted the game I created a warrior in casual mode should I start over in normal mode before I get too far in with this build

VDX_360

Staff member
Game mode is up to individual player preferences. Between Normal and Casual, I'd suggest Normal, but if it's really up to you.

I prefer Hard Mode as a general go-to mode, some areas are a little harder and you might have to grind a little more here and there, but I think it ads to the overall experience. Ironman is the same as Hard Mode, but with instant death, which I play sometimes but try to avoid (nothing like an unlucky kill from a trap to ruin your day).

The game outlines the differences between the modes when you select them and there are no quest differences so all the modes can get the same player content.

MrSwepty

Thank you I appreciate the run down.

Played for a couple hours today, looking forward to progressing. The map is huge!!! So awesome

VDX_360

Staff member
On the size of the map, while I totally understand the desire to run off to all four corners of the globe, feel encouraged to stay near goblins for a bit, level up, gets some better armor, save up some gold, increase your reputation with Townhall Quests..... the game is huge and you'll find a few areas a little abrupt in difficulty if you go too far, too soon.

Oh, and don't try to punch a werewolf with a bare hand... they don't like that.

SirDonkalot

If you are new, and have no idea whats around the next corner of the map , Ironman might be the way to go.

It makes you explore and enjoy the content to the very detail if you dont like to pay the price with your character.

Kurdent

Translator
VDX_360":3o1guyx7 said:
On the size of the map, while I totally understand the desire to run off to all four corners of the globe, feel encouraged to stay near goblins for a bit, level up, gets some better armor, save up some gold, increase your reputation with Townhall Quests..... the game is huge and you'll find a few areas a little abrupt in difficulty if you go too far, too soon.

Oh, and don't try to punch a werewolf with a bare hand... they don't like that.
It's better to focus on gear than getting levels at start, as mobs will scale in level making it harder if you have terrible gear.

VDX_360

Staff member
I don't think those are exclusive goals--and while enemies do scale up, trait and skill bonuses tip the scales in the player's favor making it still better to be a few levels higher in most areas.

Spamming the first few dungeons is one of the best ways to get better gear up to about level 6 or so. You get XP, gold and will find uncommon equipment drops that are better than you have or can afford.