New Garand Town hall quests not giving reputation

Duck123

Loreseeker
My reputation in New Garand won’t get higher from town hall quests, I’m at 78 reputation and doing town hall quests won’t increase it. For clarification other town hall quests give reputation (Nivarian)
Post automatically merged:    

Also when I do a kings bridge quest I get kingsbridge reputation but not varsilian

Last edited:

VDX_360

Staff member
I think there's a max to reputation, or only so much Town Hall Quests can give? I forget what the details are....

Darteous

This thread is a little older, but the answer wasn't finished here. Town Halls max at 70 reputation. For varsilia you can get your reputation up from the duel with the knight when you spare him in random encounters.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Not a bug, you can't become the greatest hero in the world just by doing little jobs. Probably the info should be in-game somwehre, though.

VDX_360

Staff member
70 rep is still pretty heroic.

Also, can we get a little more variety in Town Hall Quests? It's all hitmen jobs, or fighting dead people for family relics? Where's the realistic quest to find a short-noticed Friday night baby sitter? Or, getting the castle keys unstuck from the sewer drain? Or finding Fluffy, the lost pet that might have been snagged by a coyote? Or proof of wide-scale voter fraud in a national election with international implications? You know, every day problems.

Have you noticed there's a strange absence of children in the world? Seems there's something suspicious about that.....

Darteous

There's no children outside because all non humans are hostile and would eat children.

VDX_360

Staff member
Maybe they're all in the lower level of the Lannegar Mine..... Or somewhere in Icemist. Those wizards look they'd had a child labor camp.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Regarding TH quests... it's not something I feel particularly inclined to expand right now. Similar to mercenaries, the game simply evolved in a different direction. Not saying that I'll never improve those things, but certainly not in this update.

VDX_360

Staff member
For clarity, I think the current spread of Town Hall Quests is pretty good. For the most part, Town Hall Quests are totally optional. They seem more as a way for people to grind for gold or XP.

But don't let reality stop us from making absurd requests.

Vive la révolution!

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Some of the Town Hall rewards could do with a tweak. There is next to no reason to do to the Freetown ones but there is significant incentive for Nivarian you have a lot of rep requirements for things plus you get Restoration glugs.