New Content

VDX_360

Staff member
I'm guessing your comment is meant for The Developer, @DavidBVal .

In the past, the Developer has stated it's not about money, as it is about time. He is currently working on his next game. You can read up on the status of that project here.

We've tried to free up David's time by convincing him to stop taking showers. We figure once he does that, the day-job and family life would melt away pretty quickly, too. So far, he's committed to his daily hygiene and personal life. I know. Totally lack of priorities.

But, hey, maybe if there's a giant wad of cash at hand, who knows.

Firestorm1337

This is an incredible game but I keep imagining what could be. Imagine a northern part of the map just for pvp like runescape did? The replay ability added and just pvp aspect would mean a more addicted and committed following of players in which the game would grow exponentially.

I just feel rather than start a whole new game the answer is to grow from here. Grow grow grow. Double the map size. Add pvp interaction and combat. I know it's daunting but I'm certain and I mean 100% certain we would be looking at a runescape level success.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
As you all know, I am involved in a different project now. Motivation and inspiration, play a big role; it is not possible to "force yourself" into making a game for years, it will go badly. Right now Archaelund is what I must make. EK was a bit "exhausted" for me after 5 years of development (but I started missing it and I released one more update). After Archaelund, it is very possible I make "EK 2", who knows. The idea, which sounded like torture for me 3 years ago, now has certain appeal...

chicirish

David,
Exiled Kingdoms has been the perfect game for me over the last 5 or so years, and has been wonderful to have in this stage of my life (43, with three kids). I play it on my phone when I have downtime; it’s rather intuitive and easy to to pick up even if I’ve had some time away from it. It’s challenging and rewarding to do multiple play-throughs, as there are a variety of classes and builds. The complexity of this game has been perfect. Not too convoluted of character build structure, fighting controls are easy to grasp, it’s not a pay to win, etc. I look forward to an EK 2 if it ever happens!

Spencermag

I keep repaying the game, finishing Iron man mode on second character now. I freaking love it and I would be happy to pay a decent price without hesitation for EK2 as well as for EK1 further expansions (not interested in PVP though). I can also donate some time from my lifespan - we just need to find a demon solicitor who would be up for leading this transaction and dealing with all the formalities.

Rk01

Ek is a wonderful game, a diamond that I found in the playstore, my dream is to one day see even if it is at least a dlc or expansion where we can travel to Andoria, or at least to know Freeport, liberty, the kingdom of orcs, the island of serpents, for now I can only imagine the types of new enemies and adventures to discover, not to mention the humor that only Ek has lol, I really hope that one day David gives us this gift! Until then, I just have to thank you for creating and developing this game!

Spencermag

Ek is a wonderful game, a diamond that I found in the playstore, my dream is to one day see even if it is at least a dlc or expansion where we can travel to Andoria, or at least to know Freeport, liberty, the kingdom of orcs, the island of serpents, for now I can only imagine the types of new enemies and adventures to discover, not to mention the humor that only Ek has lol, I really hope that one day David gives us this gift! Until then, I just have to thank you for creating and developing this game!
To add to this, I'd love to see an expansion (or sequel) where we can travel to NOUTAMET :) ... And I would be grateful if you would seriously consider adding longer part of the story in sci-fi setting with more hi-tech equipment, enemigos and stuff - that is if you ever return to this project.

Last edited:

VDX_360

Staff member
Apple and Google both have strict rules about prohibited content. Thus, an free-for-all would inevitably result in question content being added to the game, which would inevitable result in the game getting pulled from those platforms.

It's happened to other games, so not just a theoretical concern.