Never die?

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Zombie Dragon this time round took me two goes. First go he annihilated me, second go (Hard, not Ironman) it was an easy fight that barely needed a couple of healing potions. Sometimes your companion's AI, lucky or unlucky hits either way, a bit of positioning, makes all the difference.

Hard is fun, Ironman is supposed to be infuriating!!! 🤬

You can always save your EK file and reload it, especially if you think the game did you a dirty at some point.

Atlas1095

Well, I thought I had. Killed two dragons, found the goblin blacksmith, etc. Obviously I missed a hidden room with some important equipment. I went around the entire perimeter twice. This is one of the big reasons I’m starting to hate this game. It’s too dependent on luck - and cheating by reading the wiki page in advance. I simply fail to see the fun in reading about all the challenges before encountering them. But if you don’t you’ll probably die. Call of Blood is a really good example. When the game triggers that scenario, no chance your character can survive it the first time. Then you learn to avoid going there or wait till you’re much more powerful. This is supposed to be a game. I’m really fed up at this point.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
You're not supposed to play Ironman the first time. For that matter you're not supposed to play Hard unless you want it HARD. Too many games these days Hard is Easy. But yes you're supposed to retry it until you figure it out. (Int 3 on a player helps).

Scroll of Detection says if there are secrets left to find, somewhere, in a dungeon. If you're playing blind you should stock-up and USE them.

Atlas1095

Now that’s an interesting point of view, but do you include looking at the maps on the wiki? If so, you know everything that’s going to happen in advance. No surprises. Doesn’t that spoil the adventure for you? There’s still parts of the game I have not seen. When I encounter something new, it really adds to the fun factor - but not when my awesome character gets killed!!!

VDX_360

Staff member
I’m really fed up at this point.
Quit rage is real so feel encouraged to take a break.

The Temple of Blood can be a beast but there are plenty of ways to beat it without being overly powerful. It's a nasty dungeon but all three Companion side-quests have their own increase in difficulty.

There are plenty of people who've beaten the game without reading the Wiki.

The game is supposed to be challenging. And yeah, there's a few spots where the challenge seems a bit odd, if not excessive. Trying to find a mandatory secret door while running from an endless horde of zombies is one such place. A certain infamous sewer has another pesky "What heck am I supposed to do" moment in a poison area.

In the spirit of old school games, an average player isn't supposed to just walk through the game. There's supposed to be areas where you have to stop and think about the problem. That's why there's previous save slates.

Deleted member 28869

Now that’s an interesting point of view, but do you include looking at the maps on the wiki? If so, you know everything that’s going to happen in advance. No surprises.
Yes, I did and read for at least 2 hours on the wiki before playing rogue for the first time. And knowing what happens is usually better than going in blind.

NikitaLost

Right. Has anyone ever successfully completed the game without dying even once? It doesn’t seem possible to me.
I have not completed, but I'm going to. The easiest class for that - cleric with it's intervention skill. But I saw people completed EK on iron man on rogue class. I tried to complete iron man difficulty two times, but I died first time because I went to ice dungeon in Tremadan tower ( it's much harder than the fire one) and second time because of bug or game feature idk - I used Arbenos might skill while intervention must have been used and intervention did not work. Because I think two skills can't take mana from player at the same time. One skill works and other does not.