Need help with mage.

Nezemis

New Member
Joined
28/12/2017
Messages
24
I reach 15 lvl as a mage and i feel very powerful but..i can't release mage power. Dunno why but i feel weaker than i should.

1)Can you share your build for mage?

2) Is it possible to run Mausoleum dungeon without tons of potions? Any tips? (Lich in this place drop 2 handed ice staff with very low chance btw).

3) Summon things very usefull sometimes but cost alot of SP. Should i teach them?

4) Looks like after some point physical staffs and wands don't deal dmg at all. Why?

5) Is there any quests\dungeons wich i should aim for? Gear?
 

VDX_360

Staff member
Moderator
Joined
20/01/2017
Messages
6,199
Let's do the reverse of your request. Share your build and we can offer tips, if any to improve it. Also, which Companion are you using?
 

Kmart

New Member
Joined
04/01/2018
Messages
14
have no clear idea since mage skills don't scale well every level it has fix damage. only lightning bolt is the skill that increases damage every level plus the fact that int only increases mana pool but don't contribute in damage. i find it hard to kill trolls even dekurion sargos with my level 18 mage unlike warriors and thieves that can dish huge amounts of damage mainly criticals and cleric that can sustain itself by means of heal. mages should be a power house that can deal heavy damage worthy of it's mana cost.
 

Nezemis

New Member
Joined
28/12/2017
Messages
24
VDX_360":1hsjcb8o said:
Let's do the reverse of your request. Share your build and we can offer tips, if any to improve it. Also, which Companion are you using?

Okay.

Traits (without bonuses from items):
STR 0
END 3
AGI 2
INT 5
AWA 0
PER 4

Skills:
Lightning Bolt 3
Mana Surge 2
Lesser Summoning 2
Arcanist 3
Fire Mastery 3
Summoner 1
Disintegrate 2

Curently i'm farming gold in Mausoleum. Very effective.
I use Griss as my companion with 2 handed build.
 

Nezemis

New Member
Joined
28/12/2017
Messages
24
Kmart":1yyvm5dk said:
have no clear idea since mage skills don't scale well every level it has fix damage. only lightning bolt is the skill that increases damage every level plus the fact that int only increases mana pool but don't contribute in damage. i find it hard to kill trolls even dekurion sargos with my level 18 mage unlike warriors and thieves that can dish huge amounts of damage mainly criticals and cleric that can sustain itself by means of heal. mages should be a power house that can deal heavy damage worthy of it's mana cost.

Same. Not sure why most mage spells just do not scale ffs. Why? It feels like they don't have damage in terms of late game.
 

A Shady Traveler

Loreseeker
Joined
22/08/2017
Messages
290
Nezemis":3d67c687 said:
4) Looks like after some point physical staffs and wands don't deal dmg at all. Why??

They are ranged weapons, increase dmg by AGI (and each 2 or 3 pts in AWA I think)
 

VDX_360

Staff member
Moderator
Joined
20/01/2017
Messages
6,199
Mages benefit from AGL and AWA due to the damage bonus to range. AGL also gives some much needed defense and chances with traps.
 

VDX_360

Staff member
Moderator
Joined
20/01/2017
Messages
6,199
Mages are monsters against a lot of enemies so having an enemy type that gives them headache is part of balance. There are fire wands/staff, plus the fire attack.
 

VDX_360

Staff member
Moderator
Joined
20/01/2017
Messages
6,199
Also surprised there's nothing invested in Wand Mastery or Staff Mastery. Most players seem to invest at one level into either (Depending if their staff or wand users). Most players seem to lean towards Staff Mastery for the slow attribute and INT based damage. Slowed enemies are easier to kite around. Also, less things are immune to slow than stun.
 

Top