Need help with call of the blood quest (new update)

HEYYOLUC

Wym rumour bosses and gossip? Ive got aadon maxed out in gossip with skills and rings for use at the inns but i dont even have gear for the dude i just use grissenda as a mage….. are u saying if i swap out and gear up aadon i get better loot?

Atomos

It's simply easier to gain information about rumor bosses when you have high gossip bonus. The loot is fixed at the time the boss spawns. Try to get a house in New Garand, get Adaon and gossips before entering it, and your favourite companion will be waiting at the house ready to swap back ;)

Kakost

Hard I do recommend for a new player. You can always drop the difficulty (except on iOS, it was new update). But IM is a bit of a leap for a n00b. One false step on a trap, POW! It's tricksy enough to beat the game on IM even when you know what you're doing...
Yeah, Mage Armor has been my big enabler.

I did try other classes for a bit, but I have no idea how to deal with traps with them. I guess for cleric is sort fine too due to Intervention, but for the rest is awful.

Not only that, as Staff mage I push for Int, which greatly increases Perception, and even Awa every 2 lvls increase 1 damage, so I dont even need to use scrolls to find doors. Even for Meele Rogues this aint so, putting points on Int or Awa is a waste for Warriors and Rogues, and without that I keep stepping on every single trap in the dungeon; the Mage Armor also makes me more bold to disarm them, since at worse it's just some tiny amount of mana. For a Rogue with high lvls of dungeoneering and traps, disarm a trap at 95% chance is still dangerous.

For all of this, IM with Mage is being absolutely fine for me, but with any other class I totally agree. I cant even fathom trying it with a Rogue or Warrior: once I get more experienced I'll give it a spin. I guess I'll try with Cleric next, both as a priest of the Three and a Paladin warrior, since they have Intervention. With the others, I'll have to carefully think how to do it

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Gossip is:
This puts Adaon at OK early game but Hirge should out-pace by the time you get her.

Plus some items. Easily the best is Ring of the Trader because you can purchase it and quite early if you know what's what, it has Gossip 2 (6%), plus Personality 1 (i.e. 5% more). I believe Gossip stacks so 2xRoT is a clean 17% bonus. There is also an easily available cleric-friendly Cowl that adds 3% and boss Trolls drop a cleric-friendly Shield with +6%.

Basically everyone spill their guts to a high-prestige, charismatic Paladin.

Check for Rumours in Taverns frequently, but let in-game days go by too. That'll give you head's-up on rumour bosses. Also having a high-Gossip companion can help prevent Town Hall Quests from going by without you gathering enough info.

Kakost

With my Mage I bought Per 4, +1 from ring, with Awa 2, +2 from amulet.

With that I have 41% rumors (and one of my items must have Gossip 1), and I dont use either Adaon or Hirge. This is always enough for me to catch those rumor bosses or to do town hall quests.

Granted Per 4 for a non Cleric is kinda high, but getting from Per 2 to 4 are 7 points, thus it was the same as going from Int 6 to 7, so in terms of my mana pool it was highly beneficial.

For Rogues and Warriors thou, where Per is next to useless, it's another story entirely

HEYYOLUC

Ah yeah i forgot about the house i havent tried buying one yet. So aadons not as good as hirge for gossip? Was never even gonna use her didnt know the benefit. And huh mage is an easier class? Dude who told me about this game a few years ago swore warrior was… guess he never checked this forum…. So much to learn here so im not repeatedly dying again and again because… i DO want the game to be legitimately difficult but if i cant pass things and spend hours just repeatedly dying wth no progress it just kills the fun

VDX_360

Staff member
Adaon starts off with a point in the General Skill Gossip, which gives him a 5% bonus. I forget if he gets the 10% rogue bonus, but I think he does. So before trait points are applied, he has a 15% lead over any companion.

Kakost

Ah yeah i forgot about the house i havent tried buying one yet. So aadons not as good as hirge for gossip? Was never even gonna use her didnt know the benefit. And huh mage is an easier class? Dude who told me about this game a few years ago swore warrior was… guess he never checked this forum…. So much to learn here so im not repeatedly dying again and again because… i DO want the game to be legitimately difficult but if i cant pass things and spend hours just repeatedly dying wth no progress it just kills the fun
Mage is easier for me lol

That will be heavily dependant on your playstyle and on your skills. Therefore, each person will have their own favorite class and build.

I just found Mage to be all round up in every single possible aspects. It has good combat capabilities - if you decide to go with Staff - because you'll naturally invest some into Agi, thus increasing both damage and armor. It will have good Perception, because you'll invest heavily into Int, and even investing little in Awa (mine has only 2), you get +2 with Amulet of Dark Whispers. So I have actually Awa 4, which also gives me +2 damage and +1 armor. My Agi is 4 (5), so it's another +5 to both. And my Int is 7 (9), going to 8 next lvl, with Staff Mastery 4, that's +20 damage and a ton of Mana. I also invested into Per as a secondary source of mana, I have Per 4. Int adds +5% perception and disarm traps every 2 lvls, thus by Int alone I both detect and disarm most of them. When adding Agi and Awa, my Mage is a natural dungeoneer. And I dont even need to worry about traps because of Mage Armor, but I still try to disable as many as possible in order to not take risks in case I need to run during fights, so my high Disarm chance helps save the mana from Mage Armor. And this combination turns dungeons A LOT safer.

This is one of the reasons I favored Mage so much. Other than that, I built Elementalist, so I have powerful spells to deal with crowds, besides a heavy damage from the staff.

Other than that, right now there are no skill checks I cant pass.

The downside is that it is super squeash, but now I have End 4, Str 2 and some good items, and with Mage Armor 3 that gets a lot easier.

So, those are the strenghts of a Mage. But really, each class has their ups and downs. Rogues for example can do incredible things and kill bosses you'd have no businesses dealing with, if you play they right. Clerics are very hard to lose, unless you face someone you should REALLY not be facing that can KO you a single hit (in which case you just simply wont have time to drink a mana potion), or if you get paralized for enough time. And warriors are perhaps the best round up class, but lack "dungeoneering" capabilities (they are not ideal for dealing with traps or finding secret doors).

All of those are also a matter of optimizing your character with the proper companion, using the right companion to highlight your strenghts while minimizing your weaknesses.

HEYYOLUC

Ok cool is did a skill reset on aadon n maxed his gossip then added the golden hand rings cus i dont plan to use him for anything except gossip,

far as hirge goes i just got her companion quest ( had to look here and see why i couldnt do quests for the three, then Saw and did 3 vs 11, so i need to make her viable for that bit. Didnt even know the companions had their own quests glad this forum is here and ALIVE so many responses when the last one was 4 years prior to me commenting here)

Yeah mage definitely feels like the ideal class, rogue i got to tremadons tower and theres alot of waiting for skills to recharge but alot of damage potential.

HEYYOLUC

Just got justice and righteousness off the giant spider in the maze of lamth. Had no idea that place was so big on the second floor and had quests, i was just bored n grinding. Gotta love the work put into this place. Which ones gonna be better for castle storm?