Need help with call of the blood quest (new update)

Kakost

The Temple of the Sleepers awaits. ;)
Oh ho, Im well aware of it. I started "Like Father Like Son", and got to the trader Golem. So far so good. And looked superficially about that place on wiki (too much information, so I just glazed upon it in order to do step by step later).

But after doing it I had to face that mage at the end... And hell, that fight alone convinced me to not try to go foward. I had that blasted mage pursuit me over the entire Lannegar Valle, while I waited for Griss to wake up for her nap, and doing almost no damage with my best spells, only for her to wake up, resist for some 3 or 4 hits, and repeat the process all over again for a dozen times... And I didnt want to risk going to another map and the mage disappearing with the necklace, so... Yeah.

And then I saw by accident a dude doing it at lvl 7 with several speed potions... And while doable if you know what you're doing, Im not about to risk my lvl 21 mage in such a reckless endeavor, so maybe I'll do that dungeon someday... When Im lvl 40+ - PERHAPS.

I mean, Im not even daring to do the Ark right now, and to tell the truth, if I had the slighest idea of what Castle Storm would be, I would never had been there in the first place and to be honest, I was incredibly luck to have been able to it; I almost died on several occasions, and the risks I faced I dont ever do.

So, castle Storm is the hardest one I faced SO FAR, and Im not eager to repeat the experience. I'll only try the Temple of the Sleepers when I can barely walk of how many of the very best potions and scrolls of all kinds and a vast array of protective gear of all kinds, and I'll carefully study each inch of that place with the Oracle of wiki. Im not taking any chances any more.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
I mean, Im not even daring to do the Ark right now, and to tell the truth, if I had the slighest idea of what Castle Storm would be, I would never had been there in the first place and to be honest, I was incredibly luck to have been able to it; I almost died on several occasions, and the risks I faced I dont ever do.

The trouble with you is other RPG games, they hand-hold and are basically impossible to fail. Not here. If the game says "NO SAVING BEYOND THIS POINT, ARE YOU REALLY SURE YOU WANT TO PROCEED" it means what is in front of you is an ordeal. It's the same with Sewer of Horrors.
Though tragically nerfed in the most recent update, it was the same at the Askatir Mine. The blood outside and the warning sign inside was, you know, meant to warn you.

But 99.99% of games out there when they say "scary stuff ahead" they don't mean it in the slightest.

When this game says a nightmare is ahead what it means is you have no clothes, your teeth are falling out, and both Freddie Kruger and Pinhead are on a tag-team of trying to harm you. I mean, did you stumble over the Trollfens at low level? LOL.

HEYYOLUC

This game is an actual challenge which people dont appreciate these days and im glad to have paid for it on iphone and android… its nice to finally have time to play it, i was working triple shifts for a few years…. Anyways rn my character has 7 int, 1 endurance, 3 agility, with staff mastery mana pool, and mage barrier maxed out with lesser summoning to sacrifice the little guy when need be at lvl 16. Grissenda has strength2 endurance 5 agility one, with resilience and fury maxed, then working on cleave and shield master at lvl 14…. And i mean the gear is pretty damn good on both, i carry several staves so i can do different damage types but Im guessing nows still not the time to hit castle storm 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

HEYYOLUC

@HEYYOLUC if you can get Magma Greatstaff, Justice sword, and some proper consumables, you'll do it without much problems ;)
Im just using cadeus of scorching for me and lightning falchion of defense for grissenda…. Magma and justice you say? Havent found those yet

Kakost

Im just using cadeus of scorching for me and lightning falchion of defense for grissenda…. Magma and justice you say? Havent found those yet
I got Justice Sword by a rumor boss. Some dragon, a white one, I dont even know. It surprised me quite a bit, wasnt expecting such a good weapon. One of the best fire weapons out there, Holy 3, Banish 3 and Silver? It became quite helpful for dealing with Werewolves too, Justice is incredibly good.

I did have Justice for Griss when I went to Griss family reunion, and it was still insanely hard; but without it...

That's a good suggestion, go hunt some dragons to get it, this weapon is insanely good for several situations

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
That's a good suggestion, go hunt some dragons to get it, this weapon is insanely good for several situations

Just to confirm, you hunt Dragons, Liches, and other great boss-loot drops via Gossip (aka Rumor Bosses).

Kakost

The trouble with you is other RPG games, they hand-hold and are basically impossible to fail. Not here. If the game says "NO SAVING BEYOND THIS POINT, ARE YOU REALLY SURE YOU WANT TO PROCEED" it means what is in front of you is an ordeal. It's the same with Sewer of Horrors.
I absolutely do not ignore the warnings anymore.

That's one other reason why I advice new players to go straight for Iron Man, or at least for Hard, to get used to NOT save spam, and to truly get the feeling of the game, and mostly to learn the best skill of a professional adventurer, which is to bravely RUN.

Playing on lower difficults wont honey your skills properly... And you wont get used to save gear and potions/scrolls, use those with care and as needed and try to preserve your resources as much as possible.

It also gets the player addicted to save/load spam. Hit a dungeon that you were not supposed to at your level? Just save/load until you get that perfect run.

On Iron Man this doesnt happen, so you only go in when you know you can. And imho that greatly improves game experience. I still have a few quests I touched but turned back, and Im still waiting to get better lvl/items to try again (speaking of which, I guess it's time to revisit the Abbot. And now that I have all the Ashen Minos armor set, I'll also do Hirge's quest, before going for the Ark again).

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Hard I do recommend for a new player. You can always drop the difficulty (except on iOS, it was new update). But IM is a bit of a leap for a n00b. One false step on a trap, POW! It's tricksy enough to beat the game on IM even when you know what you're doing...