Need help with call of the blood quest (new update)

nigmar

Maybe use a potion of invisibility, I've had trouble with this quest before. Just keep trying or try again once you've leveled up more.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Quest is brutal, lots of potions (speed, invsibility, restoration) and a through look at the map on the FAQs.

HEYYOLUC

Spent an hour or so trying this at lvl16 with a mage and a few potions…. Think ill go do some other quests rack up some more potions then come back so i dont smash my phone against the wall

Atomos

Things to consider that nobody mentioned already:
- Two potions of greater poison resistance are really helpful in a single very difficult fight,
- potions of greater death resistance are useful against a particular type of undead you can meet in this dungeon,
- having some cold resistance items helps too,
- some of the bosses are susceptible to fire and spirit ONLY, forget about your weapon if it deals other type of damage and is weak physicaly,
- epic omelette (or two) is really useful in this long quest.

Other than that, get the consumables already mentioned in this thread: scrolls of turn undead, potions of invisibility, lots of healing and mana.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
- epic omelette (or two) is really useful in this long quest.

This is actually wise in two respects; first and obviously for the HP/Mana/Recovery benefit of item consumption, but also the fact if you're not strong enough to grind & harvest Vorators then you are likely still unready for Call fo the Blood.

PS, old thread but at least it's on topic.

VDX_360

Staff member
Griss' companion quest is likely the hardest of the Companion quests. The void pit in Hirge's quest is tough, but to complete her quest you only need to partially explore the pit. You can leave the rest of the void for later... much, much later. Adaon's quest is short and sweet -- like a golem's kiss.

Where were we?

Oh, yes, at the in-laws for the holidays.

You should know better to visit a sister-in-law at her sugar daddy's house for the holidays. All the family skeletons come out. And of course she's your sister-in-law. You're marrying Griss. It's not optional.

Feel supported in tackling Castle Storme. It isn't too hard once you get the feel for it. A few of the toughest mini-bosses are optional. You can run past the gas knight, and the headless one. Good luck finding the secret door while freaking out from them, but it is possible. Or you can take them out. Might be easier to take them out. The headless one has the worst loot drop in the game. He can take a bit to beat in a dungeon you don't have a lot to spare. He could drop something nifty. But, no the Developer hates you.

The actual hidden area isn't too bad. Just take your time, and avoid everything until you have the fountains cleared.

The final boss is a breeze compared to getting to him.

You can lure monsters in the final fight apart. Take out the low ranking ones before the fight dialogue starts, and than flee backwards to separate the two final baddies. A summon is useful.

HEYYOLUC

Yeah im not strong enough to grind out vorators i cant do stopping prejudice yet, i die near the entrance. Poison and death ward potions ten greater healing, a few restos adding 5 fire golem scrolls got me to the graveyard
I cant just run past i feel the need to kill everything to completion. Im dead broke after buying all this stuff, so maybe grind for a while…. First playthroufh so i dont even know what an epic omelet is🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Kakost

My solution for Castle Storm was the same I use for every other place: I always travel with 100 mid hp potions, and 100 mid mana potions.

Against the Executioner, after shitting my pants running from the beheaded ones and fireballing the ones that pursuited me, and getting that sweet surprise of a tough boss at the other side, I got super lucky that he got trapped in a tiny corridor at the corner, while I was freakingly trying to find the secret door to the second level. At first I thought I was doomed, because I walked inside that "invisible" corridor (which Im still not sure wasnt a bug or not), pushing Griss (I wanted to stay away from the beheaded, just in case), so I actually got trapped with the damn thing hurting me while Griss was in my back. But once I was trying to run on panick mode, I hit the end of the way, and like always happens, switched places with Griss, so I got the perfect cover with me in the wall, Griss in front and the Executioner in front of her, unable to turn and get me. So I paused the game, took a deep breath and managed to kill him without further stress. Beginners luck, praise be the Three. And after killing the damn thing and not finding the door, not even with a scroll, I exited and felt pretty stupid to find out that I was looking for the door at the wrong place, trying to reach it in the far corner of the map, while the door, while in that same wall, was located far earlier than at the far corner, where I trapped myself with the Executioner. I mean, I almost killed myself in the dumbest way.

Still, after my potions stocks fell from 100 to a little above 30, I started to get worried. But at that point I had already cleared it all out, and only the 2 baddies were left, and compared to the rest those were a breeze of fresh air.

But undoubtly that was the toughest dungeon I've been in the entire game. Granted, some other may be harder, but any other dungeon that proves too tough, I just give up temporarily (or at least stockpile tons of potions and scrolls before trying again)