Need Guide for building a Mage Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
I wrote 5 strenght and enduraance,didint I?

It read at least 5 strenght and stamina unbuffed, I read that as stamina unbuffed (I.E. not raised, a-la Healing Hirge) and am glad to be updated.

Infantry Training is NOT a required skill. It is useful though not as much as it once was, and as said there are ways around it. Light Griss is a beast. Agility puts to damage and survivability, and you don't need 6 points spent on the 2H skill. Duel is not essential for Light Griss, it would be nice to have but potentially OP. She still has Heavyhand and souped-up Criticals.

I'm not some lone voice having thought-up Light Griss, it is an established and brutal template.

Molokot

What xen said , wasnt playing yourself to level 30 , but to pick 1 of the 3 companions you want to use instead of switching them.
Because obviously you can give books only to 1 of them.

And mages ARE superweak at begining compared to other clases , simply because they have much less hp and worst armor.
And even if you give All tomes to grisenda, you wouldnt miss ANY trait check .
You dont have to follow anybody advices, and can be weak and still finish the game , yes you can .
What you are saying is similiar to "hmm i have that golem at level 15 , so i wouldnt learn summoner , because i can use those points somewhere else and he is strong enough" Grisenda is your summon and giving books to her is exactly like investing points in having strong summon.

And there is also 1 thing that need to be clarified , when we are talking about how to play this game , we should all have in mind hard mode and if you are talking about what you have done on easy then its a joke.

Last edited:

Xen

Loreseeker
And also it is teoreticly possible to make agilty warior dps, just Grisenda cant have duel and that is esential for such spec, and only situation i could imagine such warrior will appear in game would be if for some reason you will decide to be agilty dps warior dps yourself and make grisenda tank.
This is what i'm referring to when I posted something about off-hand weapon for warrior. AGI-based warrior that can almost act as a 2-handed warrior but with inferior weapon that can be compensated with fast weapon attacks and it's almost tanky as other Warrior builds because of high AC from AGI stat
Post automatically merged:    

@DarthTomServo btw I find Mage to be the easiest class without the need to grind in low levels especially the Staff variant because you can get the approriate weapons for early game very easy (Caduseus of Scorching and Staff of the Seas), basically for hunting tomes faster and finishing quests relatively easy (like Key to the Past and other early game quests)
Post automatically merged:    

You can't really say your experience with giving tomes to companions is the "best" way to go, since everybody has their preferences. And like what Xen said, giving all tomes to companion is a good idea if you plan to play long-term with your character and get to like, level 30
Both you and @Molokot have a point, what you guys said is what i'm referring to. If you plan on playing a character above 25 or even beyond 30 then you have enough points for trait checks and your main damage and defensive stats. Also you need to consider picking only one companion as your go to pal, because doing otherwise will hinder their stat advancement when you distribute your ATT to other companions or even your playing character

Last edited:

Molokot

Well when it comes to warrior , no agility or anything else can compenssate lack of active infantry training, crit reduction is simply THAT good.
And yes you will notice it mostly on hard hiting boses and not on mobs, but tough boss fights is all that matters, rats wolves and bears can be killed with anything.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
If nothing else can compensate for Infantry Training then 2-Handed Warrior would not be viable.

There is Amulet of Dark Whispers and Battle Rage to compensate for Stun, and Critical Damage reduction just isn't a deal breaker.

Boss battles have Potions & Scrolls of Restoration.

Molokot

Well 2h warrior, it kinda isnt viable if u play warrior yourself. 2h is practicly only for grisenda. Its a pity but in this game warrior got very little love. Dev likes priests and mages most.

And btw i finished this game once on warior on hard , kiling horror ,and not using even single scroll of restoration for a whole game.
Scrolls are like a cheat on higher levels, need them for lazy devil, but they are taking away lot of fun.

Last edited:

DarthTomServo

Today I found out 2H Warrior isn't viable. :rolleyes:
Yeah didn't you know? Every class has only one viable build.

Try anything else and you will have to cheat and use items, which is cheating by the way ... unless it's items that I'm personally ok with. Then you can use it without being a cheater.

Just remember to check with us to make sure the item you plan to use isn't cheating.

I love this thread lol

VDX_360

Staff member
Every class has a few different builds are are able to beat the game on every difficulty mode. Obviously, there are some pro-and-cons between the different builds. There's also builds that are hampered or flat-out broken. Those can be frustration for new players still learning game mechanics, or they can be fun for a veteran player role-playing a character.

Using items isn't cheating. They are literary part of the game. Smart potion use will greatly help in the game. If you're using too many potions, it might be a sign of a hampered build. A few tweaks might make a world of difference.

Mages used to be pretty weak in the early game. Now, Mages start to outshine other classes at Level 6 or so. Obviously, that depends on build, playing style and player experience. Some players can get Griss at Level 2, and never look back. Just let Griss soak the damage till you get Hirge.

Status
Not open for further replies.