Need an ancient battery on the ark.

Equinox

I converted all the ancient batteries into large batteries. Now i don't have any to activate the consoles. I've been killing sterl spiders in the hope of a loot drop, but it doesn't seem to happen. Do i need to reload ti before the mission?

Nopp

You only need 2 large batteries for the quest. Unlock all the consoles first then convert. So yes, you have to reset

Equinox

I did and adjusted my build, as i picked up the agility gloves on the first run, no gloves on this run. Urrg. And loads of ancient batteries. Even the steel spiders are dropping them.

VDX_360

Staff member
Batteries are dropped as random loot so sometimes you'll get none, sometimes a lot. You can rack of up a lot of batteries pretty quickly.

Equinox

Done, at last, damn that was an epic mission. I ended up doing 3 restarts and took 84 potions of healing along yet didn't have many left when i finished. This game has the ability to really wind you up. I only got an emp wand near the end, then got two. Luckily on the final attempt i picked up the motorbike helmet for radiation protection just before Amarisa. On neither of my first 2 attempts did i get any of that, loads of companion gear, but nothing mage orientated. As for mana, I must've been hallucinating from all the whitetower special that i consumed after running out of mana potions. On my follow up grind i was shocked to discover the med bay only works once 😁 . The game should have a sub title. Lessons in cursing at an inanimate object.

VDX_360

Staff member
For clarity, you can get a trait point from the medical station twice. The second time will do poison damage you'll have to survive (toxic resist potion, resist gear will really help mages and rogues).

You can evade the poison damage at the med bay?
You need to do it if you want second point))) It is hard for mages only, but with special gear, potions and body development even they can. Sometimes it is good idea to level up few times in Citadel

VDX_360

Staff member
Per the Wiki, Evasion has a chance to dodge all damage, even damage from surprises in dialogue. To best of my knowledge Evasion still works on dodging the med bay damage, if you roll lucky on your chance.

Mages have the toughest time with getting the second trait point. They have the least amount of health, and speacil skills that can help. But, toss on some poison protection gear, and use a strong poison resist potion and you should easily get your poison resistance in the 110 to 200 poison range (110 resistance lets you take 25% damage, 210, makes you fully immune).

Even without investing in Endurance, it's still pretty doable for a mage to get that second trait point. You might have to swap out your gear for poison protection but very doable.