My warrior lvl 16 (and some questions)

Kramer

Hello guys, here I am again :D

I'm here to show my warrior, and ask some questions based on my character.
Well, let's see what I got here.

QFNJ6gR.jpg

Skills:
Whirlwind III
Charge III
Two Handed Expert III
Precision Strikes III
Massive Criticals II
Heavyhand II
Bloodlust I

u6pEi19.jpg

VFJBqn6.jpg

I know, I need to improve my gear. Is there still a good equipment that I can buy from a npc? Any advice on where I can get a better gear?
Currently I'm farming gold in Nilomar Cape/Bloodpaw Cave. It's a great place for gold, but I wonder if there is a better place for me?

As you see, my companion is Hirge, and I want her to be my blocker. But I need to improve her traits, skills and gear so she can be a better blocker.
Could you sugest which traits and skills should I upgrade in her? I'm thinking about farming some gold to buy her a belt that gives more endurance.

Well, thats it. The next steps: I guess I'll get Cleave II in my warrior, and after farming more gold, I'll finish some quests.

Thanks guys

VDX_360

Staff member
Arbenos' Might is a good investment for Clerics, but it causes problems with fire enemies.

I'd leave Crusader at Level II for now. 3 skill points is a steep investment for the bump up to Level III.

Holy Shield might be a good investment for Hirge. Can be steep on mana use (can't tell Companions to avoid using Mana). Nice defense bonus, great death bonus.

Dungeoneering might be an interesting choice. 3 Skill points for 25% chance to find traps and secrets. Can help avoid the trap issue in some areas.

One of the challenges of a support healer role for Hirge is the need to minimize ways for her to use mana.

Zwackley

Loreseeker
For your warrior, if you want to to upgrade your helmet, chestpieces, leggings, boots, and weapons to a much higher caliber, you can't purchase them. And most monsters and chests don't drop them. Have you finished the Shards of Fate quest yet? A few days (of game time) after that quest is complete, you can get information about another quest for the main story line. Following up on this quest will take you to multiple areas where there is pretty great stuff for a warrior -- and a good deal of this will be usable by clerics as well. (Only a small part of it is usable by rogues.)
Mod note: Spoiler tags removed. Not a spoiler.

Kramer

Thanks for the answers guys, it is really helpful

Currently, I have delivered 6 shards out of 12. I'm going to farm more gold, because I spent a lot in skills and belt, and then I'm going to focus on rumor bosses to get more shards. Fortunately, there are some bosses that appear very frequently in bloodpaw cave.

About a place better than bloodpaw cave to farm gold, is there another possibility? Or just later in the game?

Zwackley

Loreseeker
Kramer":3h2aywos said:
About a place better than bloodpaw cave to farm gold, is there another possibility? Or just later in the game?

When farming before I completed the shards quest, I was more concerned with variety than keeping exact track of what place had the absolute max in drops. But clearing the two levels of the Maze of Lamth usually left me with a lot to sell, and with Jabal nearby, I could convert it into gold quickly. I also used various tombs/crypts for farning since a lot of the undead took the approach that they could take it with them.

And for what it's worth, post-Shards, I reached a point where I didn't need any gold for wearables or weapons, but mainly just to stockpile certain scrolls and potions.

Myrindor

Loreseeker
After you are able to complete "The Shards of Fate",The Quest "The Ark of Lothasan" will pop up.This quest will be Able to give you Access to The Southern Part of Varranar,Which has TONS i mean TONS of New Stuff (Mostly Good Stuff But When the time Comes that you are going to The Ashen Wastes/Cape,You'll Have a Hard Time My Friend.Consider The Following:
Before you do Anything Pertaining The Quest,Buy a Bunch of Recall Scrolls Alright?After You Enter The Southern Dragon Mountains,There Will Be Wyverns and They're Not Whelps,Also Exploding Goblins That Are Called Zealots.There is A Cave in the Dragon Mountains,Which is Filled with Zealots and A Couple Dragon Priests.There Will Be Four Dragons in The Cave (Go and Search Bappasalar Cave and You'll See what i Mean) You'll have to Face the Two to Access a Chest that has some Good Stuff,But Behind the Second One There is a Secret Door That Leads to the Pit of The Two Other Dragons (One Being The Elder,and Obviously the Boss) You have to Lure the Weaker one and Just Obliterate the Living Sh*t out of it,Then the Elder one.Then you'll have access two chests that has OH SO SWEET Stuff in it A couple Gold Bars,A Demon Skull,A Unique Shield,And the key to Not Dying in the Ashen Wastes,The Good Ol' Strange Hood.With The Anti - Rad Enchantment The Glowing Ashen Orbs will Barely Hurt You which is A MAJOR Threat Other than the Minotaurs There.It can Damage you Around 20 - 90 or 100 i guess,But withe The Hood it's Around 0 - 30 or 40.You'll Need it Trust Me.

Atomos

You can try farming at:
Azagul tomb (blessed helm available here)
Kurgua cave(ivory ring and bone maul available here)
Hill giants area in Crimson hills(golden apples, small diamonds, corrosive hammer and maul, potions of giants strength available here)
Mausoleum (dragoon boots, blessed chestplate [rare] and gauntlets available here)
Mercian royal crypt(pieces of legion armor[including rare but excellent leggings] available here)
Abbey of saint Admus (blessed boots, paladin longsword, gauntlets of might, Rancor[difficult to get!]available here)

For a quick fix for your gear check out all traders in Freetown ;)

Kramer

Hey guys, thanks for all the help

I just finished The Shards of Fate, and then I cleared The Mausoleum and Gurgurth Cave. Now I have some good items with me.
And when I was at The Mausoleum, I killed a Lich, which gave my a great ring and the last shard for completing The Shards of Fate :D

Now, I'm waiting for the answer about the end of the quest, but before I continue with the quests, I'm gonna explore some places that I didn't explore yet.

One more question: I'm thinking about learning Body Development. It does a good difference, or should I spent my points in another skill?
Right now, I'm thinking of learning Body Development, Massive Criticals and Cleave, but I think I'm gonna have to choose 2 of them.

Thanks again.

Obtainable Toast

Loreseeker
Body Development is a must for me on Ironman difficulty, it is just too good to be skipped. I also do not max out some skills straight away as 3 points for a small boost might not be as good as getting 2 points or even 3 points (resistance adv skills).

Another advise, it might be good to put a single point into Intervention for Hirge so she does not die with half or more mana as sometimes when you need her to tank the most the cooldown and the amount of healing done by her heal is not enough or potions either, also a minor mana potion will become almost a 2nd life for her, depending on the amount of points you have in intervention. However if you would plan for you to tank and her take sometimes a hit or two just go full healer build for her as she does not need to tank for you 24/7.