My Take on the Companion Update of Grissenda and Adaon [BIG SPOILER]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grim Rapper

(Don't worry, my initial post doesn't have any detailed spoiler at all. However, do cautious in scrolling down this thread because it has so many spoiler bombs, so proceed with your own discretion)

Finally, it's here! After waiting for (not) so long, David (praised be your development) finally give us the rest of the companion backstory for us to enjoy. And here's my two cents of the update (Note: I don't know if it's just me or not, but you need to go for Adaon's quest first, then you can get Grissenda's quest)

1. Adaon Story
I'd never thought that Adaon has a different side of him the entire time, even though the community has been shit-talking him from the beginning of the beta (I'm looking at you VDX ;) ) but after this quest, I'm pretty confident that the community's opinion of him will instantly change (in the good way too). Still, this quest is pretty fun to finish (You might get excited, depending on what you'll do in the end part of the quest) and the item rewards that you get is quite generous, despite its easiness to finish halfway through (You might need some poisonous weaponry after that, just saying)

>REWARDS
a. Items & Weaponry
Finally, David recognizes the least Class in the game :D , I'm almost worried that you'll not give them some weapon choice but yet David deliver justice! (There's also a stone, yeah I don't know what's the reaso-OH MY GOD, THE PRICE WHAT IN THE WORLD?)

b. Skillset
HOLY SHIT, I don't usually tell something that's overpowered. But HOOOOOOLY BALLS this is so good, Adaon's Buff finally useful as an actual Rogue Class after getting abandoned for years and called "Cleric's Helper" by the others, but today is a good day for Adaon.

2. Grissenda Story
I knew it, Everybody knew it, Grissenda isn't really good at hiding her bloodline. And yet, I'm really surprised the story is changed upside down to a point of a nostalgia for me because the story is so familiar and hits home for me (I even thought of meeting Vlad Tepes at some point :cool: ). Not only that, but the rewards that await you are pretty Grissenda-esque and suitable for her. Despite that, I've got pretty irritated halfway the quest due to the certain enemy is "blocking" the objective and the way of stealth is pretty hard due to the mobs placement are everywhere @.@ (I think you need some "shining" weapon, but I ended up never tried it lol). Still, the aftermath is pretty heart-warming and I can't wait to see the continuation of Grissenda's Story Arc (if David pleases, that is)

>REWARDS
a. Items and Weaponry
You got the Sonnet version for Warrior and slightly buffed version of Maul of Corrosion, which is pretty good (but not really impacted that much, considering I can't equip it and Warrior already have a LOT of arsenals, but to be really honest. I'm not complaining :p)

b. Skillset
The assumptions of "Grissenda's only way to deal heavy damage is to have 2-handed weaponry" will be vanished after this, since Grissenda has some skill to balance an equally defensive and offensive trait at the same times. Pretty good

Pretty ground-breaking update, I might say. this might change the meta of companion priority a little bit and I can't wait to see some Adaon build :D

HolyCopy

Was looking for some companion quests reactions. Didnt expect a whole argument XD

VDX_360

Staff member
Hey, it's great to see a healthy dialogue of the game world but this thread started three years ago right after a major update. So a necro comment can cause some confusion as there's another major update pending for this summer (or next summer, or the summer after that, we all know have the Developer feels about deadlines).

Locking thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.