Monster Ideas and Questions

Aalandryll

Loreseeker
While I know there are a lot of different monsters currently in play, more on the way, there are some I am not sure are in the plans...

For example: Mimics, Dwarves, Man-Eating Plants of all types, aquatic monsters if we get someway to breathe and move effectively underwater, Elves, Hob-Goblins, Fae, the list is literally pretty much infinite... considering mankind's penchant for imaging the beasties that crawl in the darkness.

The first question is what makes sense for what areas? Having a little more diversity, more flavor, more options might make this a better experience for all.
The second question is what is actually present, not only in this world, but on this island specifically...

Being as it is pretty clear that the tombs are almost solely undead, which makes sense given who and what the Tolassians are based on the Lore... where are the "greater" undead? Sure we have some higher level skeletons, a few mummies, and wraiths, but where are the liches? The vampires?

While we have plenty of lower level demonic entities like Imps and their ilk, where are the medium level ones? I get that the "Horrors" might well be the higher level demonic entities or are at least Outsiders of some type.

And we now have a true elemental being, where are the others? What about constructs? Obviously, they should have existed at some point given the levels of magic possible based on Lore...

Finally, where are the "regular" animals? Sure we have wolves of various flavors, rats, and now bears... but what about boars? Swampdonkeys? (Just for you Troll...), Bats, Deer, Badgers, Snakes, Lizards, and rabid Cabyberas?

I am sure this world has much more to offer, and I know David is working very, very hard on it... But I open this up to floor... what 1 monster/animal/critter, just 1 for each, would you like to see most?

For me, being the evil minded person I am... it is Mimics...

ClockworkGhost

Aaaargh! Mimics! The bane of my early D&D days!

My vote would be for dopelgangers :D imagine how nasty it'd be for a dopelganger to kill off an NPC or companion even and then stab you in the back when you think you're safe :)

Sharkyinthe UK

ClockworkGhost":2bbgyh1p said:

My vote would be for dopelgangers :D imagine how nasty it'd be for a dopelganger to kill off an NPC or companion even and then stab you in the back when you think you're safe :)

Don't we have something a bit like this in play already, with the 'shady assassin's ' ?

feldon

Loreseeker
ManBearPig or Giant Guinea Pigs...either would increase my game enjoyment tremendously.

And of course Quan the Swampdonkey...

Azog

A small and very hard dungeon or cave that is hardly to detect and covers ancient loot would be cool, with unique monsters like goos that duplicate themselfs on every hit and wich were only beatable with a specific tactic...

ClockworkGhost

Sharkyinthe UK":6ojn9dfn said:
ClockworkGhost":6ojn9dfn said:

Don't we have something a bit like this in play already, with the 'shady assassin's ' ?

Similar to them, but I'm thinking more major characters like shop keepers in towns, where you'd then find the real shopkeeper tied up in a building around town somewhere that was previously just a locked door.