Mist Bow. What a let down.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
I -think- at one time dragons were in the beast category, but than were removed to help make them more dangerous. But, I could be wrong and they might be under that as semi-animals.

The Loreseekers note that Dragons and Wyverns are different creatures (Dragons are Magic, Wyverns are animal) so perhaps Wyverns should have Beast?

Lamar

Ah the famous Jester bow! i managed to get it when I was playing mage, but not yet as a rogue. I am assuming Jester's wins simply on speed, because its attacks stats are abysmal not to mention its complete absence of any elemental attributes!
With archery and rapid fire the Jester's bow can be devastating because of the stun. Wyrmslayer is a bit slower but adds fire damage and can out damage Jester's depending on the mob.

Atomos

This might be misleading, and just my feeling, but during my play through with 2h warrior I've found Soul Drinker pretty early, and learned Beastmaster I. With this combo Dragons were dropping like flies!

Nivarian99

This might be misleading, and just my feeling, but during my play through with 2h warrior I've found Soul Drinkers pretty early, and learned Beastmaster I. With this combo Dragons were dropping like flies!
ok at the risk of sounding totally ignorant, what on earth is soul drinkers and beastmaster?

ok, found out about soul drinker, but there is no wiki entry for beast master?

Atomos

It's a general skill available to Varannari friends. Both of those things raise damage against beasts, and I think might work against dragons.

Nivarian99

It's a general skill available to Varannari friends. Both of those things raise damage against beasts, and I think might work against dragons.
Where do you learn this skill from? Can't find references in the Wiki to it

Brunors95

Ah the famous Jester bow! i managed to get it when I was playing mage, but not yet as a rogue. I am assuming Jester's wins simply on speed, because its attacks stats are abysmal not to mention its complete absence of any elemental attributes!
Jester's bow will rock when you use scorpion venom on it along with envenom weapon skill.

Learn rapid fire, archery, poison master, then use scorpion venom which adds +7 toxic damage to jester's bow. As it is the fastest weapon in the game, you will be able to stun enemies most of the time.

Adding to the receipe Massive criticals and Precision shots will make it one of the best weapons in this game.

Kakost

Where do you learn this skill from? Can't find references in the Wiki to it
I believe the Beastmaster skill havent been added to the wiki yet. You learn it from the Varanni enclave to the far northeast, and it's a pretty high lvl area
Post automatically merged:    

Jester's bow will rock when you use scorpion venom on it along with envenom weapon skill.

Learn rapid fire, archery, poison master, then use scorpion venom which adds +7 toxic damage to jester's bow. As it is the fastest weapon in the game, you will be able to stun enemies most of the time.

Adding to the receipe Massive criticals and Precision shots will make it one of the best weapons in this game.
Too bad not many things are vulnerable to poison, and plenty are resistant or immune, but yes, Jester's bow is still pretty good on several occasions.

That's the beauty of this game, it's all very situational. There's no be-all-end-all answers, but there are a few good all-purpose items/skills/strategies that wont be the best min-max but will allow you to keep going.

Ideally, you'll want to store at least one elemental weapon of each kind and one pure physical for each situation, just as a set of armor or at least rings for elemental protection.

Using different items for different challenges will make the game far easier, and it will only cost having some forum members calling you a "stockpiler", whatever that means, so it's a big pro in my books

Last edited: