Missing rings?

Webfoot

First if all, I love EK. My casual warrior has made it to level 20 with liberal use of quicksaves and health potions.
Last night, I switched out my two unique rings (Bishop's and Abbot's) for some fire resist stuff. Now they're not in the vault.
It's possible that I accidentally sold them, but that's highly unlikely. ( I do stupid stuff like that sometimes, but not both of them).
Anyway, has this ever happened to anyone?
Thanks!

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Well, the inventory system is rather robust, I never ever get reports about missing items like that. Have you checked the house chests?

VDX_360

Staff member
The three most common sources of "missing equipment"
1) Accidentally sold it / Accidentally dropped it
2) Forgot which vault or which house chest it was put it*
3) It's equipped on a Companion

*Four possible town hall vaults, 2 possible houses (with two chests each), and chests in the Tower of Tremadan.... so a few places to check.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Well, there was this other post about a vanishing item, but it was never really clarified what happened / went wrong.

Just out of curiosity (in case the rings don't show up in any other storage place): Are there other items in your vault (or whereever you supposedly stored the rings) which weren't there before? I ask because in the post mentioned above there was the assumption that the item was substituted by another one.

Webfoot

Thanks for replies. I've checked all storage areas and due to the fact that the EK inventory systems are generally flawless, I've come to the conclusion that I dropped them/sold them. Sigh. Intelligence not my strong trait, apparently.
I miss their cool polished look. Very stylish.
(Lol glasscannon...)

Shep Herd

Webfoot":1zb07ydt said:
Thanks for replies. I've checked all storage areas and due to the fact that the EK inventory systems are generally flawless, I've come to the conclusion that I dropped them/sold them. Sigh. Intelligence not my strong trait, apparently.
I miss their cool polished look. Very stylish.
(Lol glasscannon...)

There's one more thing you might try. Do you have any backups? Although you'd lose some progress, would it be worth loading up a backup and going from there? Just a thought.