Minor bugs with "Justice from Above" (SPOILERS)

VegeMakkara

Because it was a one way trip up, you can never get to the nest again to loot it, and you can't turn the quest in either.
It is possible to reach the nest by patiently climbing hills near the entrance to the crypt, and then proceeding to it from above. I suppose that this can be done more than once (so I probably missed the way of completing this quest with a one way ticket). This area above has some passability problems (an "invisible wall") - perhaps it was not intended to be accessible?

BattleLord

Staff member
Loreseeker
I can confirm that the corpse works correctly now in the latest version.
and indeed I had planned to add a few other convos about the burglaries, but wanted the beta out this morning. will be added tomorrow.
Perhaps another idea for some dialog about it, is the option to give the book that you get from the quest to Icanos afterwards.
I know that you can already sell it, so this is just a suggestion, but it would add some nice flavor to the world to have that option too.
Maybe not for gold or reputation, but just a tiny bit of xp or even for nothing just to help him.

It is possible to reach the nest by patiently climbing hills near the entrance to the crypt, and then proceeding to it from above. I suppose that this can be done more than once (so I probably missed the way of completing this quest with a one way ticket). This area above has some passability problems (an "invisible wall") - perhaps it was not intended to be accessible?
That certainly doesn't sound like it should be possible.
Can you share with some screenshots the exact way that you used to get up to this can be looked into?
Maybe a screenshot of the map of the exact points that you used to enter would be helpful too.

VegeMakkara

That certainly doesn't sound like it should be possible.
Can you share with some screenshots the exact way that you used to get up to this can be looked into?
Maybe a screenshot of the map of the exact points that you used to enter would be helpful too.

You can climb here (the blue point on the minimap is the entrance to the crypt). May require 2-3 minutes to do this. Running while climbing is probably essential. Once up there, the path to the nest is more or less straightforward.

I can confirm that the corpse works correctly now in the latest version.
I didn't have any problems in v393 (from Saturday), but in v394 the corpse has interaction problems. I wasn't able to interact with it (but note that it was looted in v393), and it was slightly mispositioned (?) so that the head was not visible (see below). After reloading, the head was visible and I was able to interact with the corpse once (but not twice).

Sir Squirrelsalot

Staff member
So in 396 both corpses can be looted for the same book etc... but at least the one in the crypt can't be accessed after looting him the first time.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
The only case in which that should happen is if you looted the thief in builds 389-390, theoretically. EDIT: visiting the peninsula just once was enough to bug the container (in those versions before the ID was fixed)

If not, please send me a save!

Last edited:

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I managed to get my hands on a save that had the duplicated container issue, and realized the wrong container IDs are assigned not when the thief's corpse is looted, but as soon as you enter the peninsula. As soon as build 389, the game internally created the container with the book, penny, etc, but (due to my mistake) with the same ID as the priest. I gave it the correct id to the corpse in 392, but the bugged container still existed in the game's data.

this means the issue with the wrong loot in the priest corpse would still happen post 392, if you had already visited the peninsula while playing 389 - 391.

Does this explain all the issues you guys have experienced, or am I still missing something?

I am uploading build 398 that retroactively removes that ghost container if you haven't looted the priest corpse yet, effectively fixing the issue. But if you already looted it and got the duplicated loot from the thief, I decided it's not worth to fix.

Last edited: