Min/Maxing a Melee Rogue

ajay

Has anyone figured the absolute breakeven between Strength and Agility for using light weapons on a Rogue?

I would like to push over 60 dps, 35 ac and 600 hp unbuffed at level 23. I know these figures are arbitrary, but I am not sure it can happen without grinding rumor bosses for tomes. Sounds fun...

Here is my current build:

Char-sheet.md.png Char-skills.md.png Char-traits.md.png

And the one that gets me close:

Char-sheet-2.md.png Char-skills-2.md.png Char-traits-2.md.png

I am open to ideas but I would prefer to not reduce stats because I like having the options of passing checks for quest dialogue. I think I will probably grind to level 26, but I would like to hit those milestones above before setting out to grind. The only major thing I think I have left to do is Ark Upper Deck.

VDX_360

Staff member
At Level 23, you're pretty much a super build and -should- be able to breeze through the Arc.

The math is pretty simple. See STR and AGL.

Given you're STR is at 5, an odd number, you'll well served by investing those spare 6 trait points into STR. You'll get the damage and health boost from having STR at 6.

If you've already gotten all the fixed drop Tomes in the game, it's unlikely you'll get enough Tomes from random drops to raise AGL up to 10. Also, don't expect to get random drop tomes from Rumor Bosses. It's statistically not in your favor. You can beat the game on a new character in the time it takes to hunt down one, and that's if you're lucky.

ajay

Thanks for the reply. You have me wondering what I am missing at, "pretty much a super build" lol. The Ark is not all that difficult with this build on normal. I starting farming there at 20 I believe. I lost progress due to a reinstall thinking I had saved to the cloud. SoH wasn't too terrible and everything had to die while I rescued Breno. The Undermother was probably the hardest due to her ability to para-lock me. Maybe I should just up the difficulty on the next play-through.

The reason for STR at 5 is due to the Force Belt putting it at 8. I get the bonus HP with that total. And the comment of grinding rumor bosses for tomes was in jest. Random tome drops are extremely rare, but I have seen one or two. 10 AGI is achievable with level 24, the visions and my remaining points.

Anyways feel free to let me know if I am missing anything apparent. I have access to pretty much all the end game gear available except the crown. I really thought long about going back for that skill point, but 2 PER is worth 9 trait points in my build.

Matty-b

If you are still worried about beating the ark on normal with this build, you have nothing to worry about. Given that you have completed SoH, the ark should be pretty easy with good lightning resistance. You should consider getting a ring of the star traveller and putting it on. Unless you can get to AWA 5, you are going to have to fight the horror, so you should gear up spirit resistance. As for actually facing the horror, you actually are doing pretty well; the fight with that build may only last a few seconds before the win.

ajay

If you are still worried about beating the ark on normal with this build, you have nothing to worry about.

Thanks Matty-b, sorry for the late reply. I am not worried about beating the Ark with this build. I was just wondering if I was missing something obvious that would put it over the top and let me hit the numbers I am looking for at lvl 23. 60 dps, 36 ac and >600 hp. I am not sure it can be done unless I had enough trait points to dump another point into STR.

To address the resists, I have two advanced skills slot left which would make for an easy +36 spirit resist and more gear with spirit resist. I don't think 100 unbuffed is out of the question.

Last edited:

BOSTACH

Get the griddle of the rogue it's better than force belt also sneak attack boosts your dps by miles but given that you are alone in the ark don't bother with it for now

Edit: the belt will work better than the force belt in your case

ajay

Automated gloves are +3 AGI vs the rogue belt being +2 AGI. Automated gloves are the best gloves in game atm, even better than Ashen for the melee type plate classes
Post automatically merged:    

Edit: the belt will work better than the force belt in your case

How so? I believe traits from gear do not stack and only the highest bonus is given to your char. I am asking because the previous statement is my understanding of trait bonuses from gear.

Last edited:

BOSTACH

Oh yes I'm terribly sorry my friend i forgot those gauntlets boost AGI by a lot