Mid Game Mage

Kakost

FINALLY! I CAN BARELY BELIEVE IT!!!

And I also found my dear sister on Icemist! Oh, so many emotions in a single play!

Nivarian99

@Kakost
You are honestly such a faithful chronicler of all your deeds! It is so helpful for others. I went into the Cursed Abbey for the same reasons as you did - to get the Spirit weapon before doing Hirge's quest. It is insane! those hags and cats are too much! how did you manage? I am a staff-summoner with Iron Golem but struggling!

Kakost

@Kakost
You are honestly such a faithful chronicler of all your deeds! It is so helpful for others. I went into the Cursed Abbey for the same reasons as you did - to get the Spirit weapon before doing Hirge's quest. It is insane! those hags and cats are too much! how did you manage? I am a staff-summoner with Iron Golem but struggling!
Well, I got a few levels and a few items and the abbey became super easy haha. But I gotta say, summoner has been a struggle for me, because late game the golem gets less powerful, and you have to keep re-summoning it all the time.

If you're finding it too hard, take a look at the wiki on weaknesses and damage type of the critters there, equip accordingly, also stockpile a few consumables with you, if you only have got the irom golem as your skill, buy a few ice and fire golems scrolls, they are super helpful even for non summoners, have a good amount of mana and health pots, you can also add pots of hero and tragic hero, scrolls to heal your golems and potions of speed and invisibility are also wonderful for helping out. This game allows for great usability of consumables, so make good use of them. Scrolls of paralyzing undeads are also super helpful in the middle room to the north where most os the best items are, and that room is filled with undead.

Another tip is to always go with extreme care and not just try to go running like a madman, aggro one or two (or as little as possible) enemies at a time, clear the rooms calmly and take the time to heal up using potions. At that stage of the game I would never go anywhere with less than 100 pots of both mana and hp, and I only ever use my rests before a boss, otherwise healing with pots only. Always try to maneuver as to keep both your golem and/or companion between you and enemies, and dont be afraid to bravely run away from top spots when the situation deems it. You can exit the building you are to "force awake" your companion, re-summon your golem and heal up to go again. Go in and go out as many times as needed. If both your golem and companion go down, throw a golem from a scroll to buy time (or a spirit wolf), exit the building and bring them all up again.
Post automatically merged:    

Ahh, I just saw in the other post that you are lvl 16. Yes, at that lvl the Abbey will be INSANELY hard for you.

If memory serves, that was around the time I first tried it, but then I returned as a badass murderous lvl 20 and it was a literal walk in the park. Even the secret SPOILERS was super easy (which dont mean I didnt use tons of potions, it only means that at no time I was ever under any risk of dying like in my first try).

So, my advice is, just let it go for now, go do a few other quests, you can do Hirge's later on too (and trust me, you wont be able to finish your businesses in that place anyway before at least lvl 21), and once you've turned into a badass lvl 20 Gandalf the White, get back into the Abbey and it will be like bullying little children in the playground.

However, if you like a good challenge (like I do), my above advice is still valid, if you're patient enough, but even so, the SPOILER surprise bellow is probably still too much at that lvl

Last edited:

Nivarian99

However, if you like a good challenge (like I do), my above advice is still valid, if you're patient enough, but even so, the SPOILER surprise bellow is probably still too much at that lvl
wow, such a detailed reply! thanks so much mate.

But what was the spoiler surprise? anyway,guess its a spoiler!

Kakost

wow, such a detailed reply! thanks so much mate.

But what was the spoiler surprise? anyway,guess its a spoiler!
You can check it out on wiki if you wish, I think it is rather unlikely you'll find it without it anyway, but many first time players like to discover things by themselves, so I'll keep it secret. But if you're a "completionist" like me who likes to unravel every little secret and spoilers be damned, just look at the wiki and be prepared for it (you wont be able to do it at lvl 16 anyway).