merple issue still not resolved

Kody101

waited 12hrs only 1 merple the orginal pice i found ...it doesnt respawn still were to get mors if u only get one?
oh and wiki shows two spawns ive only found the one it has not shown up at the second location

feldon

Loreseeker
They are extremely rare (only 2 spawn spots I know of, both in northern part of N. Sagar). As with every ingredient spawn, they are not always guaranteed to be active (there). I've had times when I got two on one trip, or nothing for multiple trips.

I believe saving outside the area and then loading, should cause them the area to reset, thus avoiding the 12hr sleep and excess travel. If the wyvern are an issue, grab some speed pots.

I still remember the game I had to run the bandits hideout 13 times before the stupid fungus spawned (of course I get 3 spawned when they do).

Kody101

feldon":2gm2qyhw said:
They are extremely rare (only 2 spawn spots I know of, both in northern part of N. Sagar). As with every ingredient spawn, they are not always guaranteed to be active (there). I've had times when I got two on one trip, or nothing for multiple trips.

I believe saving outside the area and then loading, should cause them the area to reset, thus avoiding the 12hr sleep and excess travel. If the wyvern are an issue, grab some speed pots.

I still remember the game I had to run the bandits hideout 13 times before the stupid fungus spawned (of course I get 3 spawned when they do).
right ok u should make a lore seekers note explaing that fact about those ingrediants i would but im not sure how lol i just know how to add items ><
P.S I added the info ypu gave me

feldon

Loreseeker
Valid point. I assume all 'pikeable' things have set spawn points which get randomly marked active or not when the game populates the area map. I'll double check with David to confirm. Which technically means there could be more than the two spots I know off and I have just never seen others active.

My guess is AA reads this and adds it to his base package of LS notes as he collects area data.

Stuff like this is very helpful to know we need to add to the wiki.

Warrior.Jay

I thought there was 3 spawn spots? I picked 3 when I went and grabbed some for the quest the other day.... just went back to see, and sure enough, only one of them had respawned... several days have passed in the game and you would think it would have respawned....

But I'm pretty sure there is 3 spawn spots. I remember where they were. If they ever respawn I'll confirm that.

feldon

Loreseeker
Maybe there are 3. The best I have seen was 2 at once, but that is not an area I frequent often and I'm usually trying to do that quest early as possible, so I'm running at full speed to avoid the wyvern.

You've peaked my interest so I'm going to go investigate...

Edit: Confirmed 3, at least. I was forgetting the one that pops where the river bends. Also somewhat verified that it is just a matter of reloading the area to cause fresh spawn chances, not time. So its an RNG thing like drop rates. Maybe 10% chance a spot will be active for each of the three spots.

Warrior.Jay

Yep. I've got two left over in my vault, and that's only the second time I've ever picked them, and I know I didn't have any in my vault before the other day... glad i could help with the spawn count! Lol

RPGuru#32

I found four all along the north east side of the river once, but yeah usually they are pretty scarce. I went up looking for some with a new character for wizards quest and it took me several trips. On the other hand the first time i looked there were two up there.

Chaoscycle

Im pretty sure theres only 3 spawn spot for merple and they're all near each other east of the bridge. What you need to do is make a savegame in a adjacent map, load it get the merple weeds then rinse and repeat til you get 3.