Melee Rogue, Ranger Rogue, or both?

hueydvr38

Loreseeker
What is the maximum amount of trait and skill points can one character have? Cause obviously some skills are going to be prioritized over others.

For trait points it's 12 but you'll never get near that since it takes one more point per level than the previous one to advance e.g. 2 to level 2, then 3 to level 3, etc. (it would take 78 to max out one trait starting at 0).

Skill points is 2 per level so you can figure out how many levels you needed to be to max all of them out based on the skills you've chosen.

A Shady Traveler

Loreseeker
The only way of gaining 1 skill point is in quest The Dead God, but it requires INT4
Edit: theres another skill point to gain from Oracle in Ark of Lothasam. Need to pass test, INT3 I think

About Stealth and Sneak Att, in order to make your Rogue more agressive, Stealth II and Sneak Att I is enough, no need for Smoke Bomb (at least until enemy regen speed is lowered). This way you save 5 skill points
However Sneak Att may be useful with strong mobs like Vorators and Giant Hills. You use your companion as bait, then walk around and use Stab in enemy back.
The only skill a Rogue can learn that requires Warrior Guild membership is Heavyhand that is cool, but dont worth it
I suggest spending 1 point in Body Development. Bloodlust could be good to fight hordes, but Assassinate III is also used this way. I think Flurry goes well with Prec Strike and Mass Crit

My Rogue is lv 16 now and i consider paying to erase my skill points and redistribute this way
Stab IV (for 9 sec cooldown)
Evasion III (90% chance)
Stealth II
Sneak Att I
Flurry III (75% speed)
Assassinate III (50%-75% chance of insta recharge)
Body Develop I (my Rogue gains 30 hp, works like 1 END point)

In next levels i spend points in Prec Strike and Mass Crit. In lv 19 i get PS II and MC II. Maybe, in lv20, 1 point in Bloodlust
OR I just get PS I + MC I on lv 17 and Smoke Bomb on lv 20.

1337Pwnzor

Sounkeng":1o9qfs15 said:
The current cap is level 99 (or 100 I forget). Although the game is 'easily' completable by level 25.

Wait, what?? Wow.
Kinda makes sense though, as the whole map isn't all opened up yet. I do hope leveling up is less of a PITA. Already tricky as it is.

hueydvr38

Loreseeker
1337Pwnzor":1v9jxh8i said:
Sounkeng":1v9jxh8i said:
The current cap is level 99 (or 100 I forget). Although the game is 'easily' completable by level 25.

Wait, what?? Wow.
Kinda makes sense though, as the whole map isn't all opened up yet. I do hope leveling up is less of a PITA. Already tricky as it is.

I wouldn't say leveling is tricky as it is monotonous. I leveled to 25 just to get the achievement but I really didn't need to. Besides, at level 25 and up it takes ONE MILLION points to level.

1337Pwnzor

hueydvr38":3ephfg1d said:
1337Pwnzor":3ephfg1d said:
Sounkeng":3ephfg1d said:

Wait, what?? Wow.

I wouldn't say leveling is tricky as it is monotonous. I leveled to 25 just to get the achievement but I really didn't need to. Besides, at level 25 and up it takes ONE MILLION points to level.

A MILLION??? Holy crap. That's too much, considering twon hall quests don't give much xp, nor mobs.

1337Pwnzor

A Shady Traveler":3q8lz9hi said:
The only way of gaining 1 skill point is in quest The Dead God, but it requires INT4
Edit: theres another skill point to gain from Oracle in Ark of Lothasam. Need to pass test, INT3 I think

About Stealth and Sneak Att, in order to make your Rogue more agressive, Stealth II and Sneak Att I is enough, no need for Smoke Bomb (at least until enemy regen speed is lowered). This way you save 5 skill points
However Sneak Att may be useful with strong mobs like Vorators and Giant Hills. You use your companion as bait, then walk around and use Stab in enemy back.
The only skill a Rogue can learn that requires Warrior Guild membership is Heavyhand that is cool, but dont worth it
I suggest spending 1 point in Body Development. Bloodlust could be good to fight hordes, but Assassinate III is also used this way. I think Flurry goes well with Prec Strike and Mass Crit

My Rogue is lv 16 now and i consider paying to erase my skill points and redistribute this way
Stab IV (for 9 sec cooldown)
Evasion III (90% chance)
Stealth II
Sneak Att I
Flurry III (75% speed)
Assassinate III (50%-75% chance of insta recharge)
Body Develop I (my Rogue gains 30 hp, works like 1 END point)

In next levels i spend points in Prec Strike and Mass Crit. In lv 19 i get PS II and MC II. Maybe, in lv20, 1 point in Bloodlust
OR I just get PS I + MC I on lv 17 and Smoke Bomb on lv 20.

I thought the same for heavyhand on Rogue, but damage output is greater with Assassinate for the insta-cooldown and Flurry for more hits.

A Shady Traveler

Loreseeker
A hint about the 2 bonus skill points you can gain in game, both require INT tests.

If you dont wanna spend many trait points in INT (or money to erase skills), you can use quest item The Crown of Galade that provides +2 INT. Its part of the quest The Lost Kingdom, you will find it in Ashen Lands after completing Shards of Fate.
So you just need to postpone quest The Dead God until there to gain 1pt and then wear the Crown again in a specific dialogue moment in Ark of Lothasam to gain another 1pt.
It also helps you to get the peaceful ending.

About stealth in Ark of Lothasam, it just work in one type of enemy. Looks like it dosnt work at all in mage type. I think there should be at least a chance, even a small one, to dont be detected.

Sounkeng

There is a third skill point available. If you pray at the alter in the hall of wisdom in Nirvarian you will gain experience and see visions. The vision that costs 100k gold will give you a trait point and the one that costs 250k gold will give you a skill point.

1337Pwnzor

Sounkeng":1imqnmmu said:
There is a third skill point available. If you pray at the alter in the hall of wisdom in Nirvarian you will gain experience and see visions. The vision that costs 100k gold will give you a trait point and the one that costs 250k gold will give you a skill point.

350k gold for 1 trait and 1 skill point. Wow. I do hope that helps in maxing at least 3 core skills.

1337Pwnzor

Looking at the responses, I can concur that majority of rogues prefer melee backstabbing. I guess I may as well continue building my melee rogue then. Still bought a silver bow on a different save file just so I could try both.