Maze of Lamth?

ShadowJack

I have just run through the maze and the nearby area hunting minotaurs and after 10 complete runs I am noticing a drastic reduction in their treasure drops.
I can no longer find any bluesteel axes nor any other treasure worth the effort.
Did you weaken the treasure drops?
All I seem to get from the maze now is empty chests and micro amounts of gold.
So I say what the heck?
Did you lessen the drop rates ? If so please return them to their original usefulness.

Dimidium

Re: Maze of Lamth WTF?

Thanks for clarity on this issue.

I do not agree with it. It wasn't broken, and it didn't need fixed.

Aalandryll

Loreseeker
Re: Maze of Lamth WTF?

Well considering the level of access and ability to defeat that section, and what is upcoming, I can understand why it was likely tweaked. As new areas are added and future ones are planned and developed, previous areas get modified to reflect the new information.

That is the pain and joy of playing a beta. :)

Old maps were modified, things were added to old areas, and everything balanced to meet the overall feel of what was added and what is planned going forward. This will continue happening until the game reaches it final state after 1.0 and all the areas are developed.

Likely the rate was so high because there was a gap in material available for a long period. That has been addressed now with the addition of all these new areas so the rate was reduced.

Dimidium

The maze supplied the items needed to take on harder opponents and do more difficult quests...not to mention respec's at the guilds, houses, and vaults. That's a lot of gold...

It's not like people were getting free gold here, it's very dangerous to low-end even mid-level players.

Changing this area by much will affect character growth.

Aalandryll

Loreseeker
But more areas were added to allow that growth. Bluesteel Mauls can be found in Nilomar Cape, Bluesteel Mauls and Greataxes with the orcs along the Steel Coast and Imperial Fortress.

Trust me it is balanced more favorably overall and if one hunting ground loses its appeal another is available to allow for growth and grinding. Take a stroll through Nilomar, come up to Steel Coast, move up to New Anthur to rest and go back down, recall, repeat...

The money is there you just need to change tactics to get it. And if you want to get the good money from Freetown, it's just a hop using the Mage Towers. Although I would need to do the math to make sure it was feasible. But if you stored up a bunch of them in your Magic Vaults and then made the trip...

Sure it's not as quick as the maze being right next door to Jabal, but I think personally it is better and the XP comes out being higher.

Dimidium

Aalandryll":19823wdu said:
But more areas were added to allow that growth. Bluesteel Mauls can be found in Nilomar Cape, Bluesteel Mauls and Greataxes with the orcs along the Steel Coast and Imperial Fortress.

Trust me it is balanced more favorably overall and if one hunting ground loses its appeal another is available to allow for growth and grinding. Take a stroll through Nilomar, come up to Steel Coast, move up to New Anthur to rest and go back down, recall, repeat...

The money is there you just need to change tactics to get it. And if you want to get the good money from Freetown, it's just a hop using the Mage Towers. Although I would need to do the math to make sure it was feasible. But if you stored up a bunch of them in your Magic Vaults and then made the trip...

Sure it's not as quick as the maze being right next door to Jabal, but I think personally it is better and the XP comes out being higher.

I understand what you are saying, but that burst of gold and experience from the minotaurs made the game exciting to me. The growth was rapid and felt damn good: new armor, new storage, a house, and more.

This isn't OP advancement here, it falls in line with the game's increasing difficulty. It made progress real.

It made getting there so much more worth it than now. The maze was a destination before.

This aspect of the game should not have been modified save a few percent in bluesteel great axe drops.

feldon

Loreseeker
Dimidium":177sfdr7 said:
Aalandryll":177sfdr7 said:

I understand what you are saying, but that burst of gold and experience from the minotaurs made the game exciting to me. The growth was rapid and felt damn good: new armor, new storage, a house, and more.

This isn't OP advancement here, it falls in line with the game's increasing difficulty. It made progress real.

It made getting there so much more worth it than now. The maze was a destination before.

This aspect of the game should not have been modified save a few percent in bluesteel great axe drops.
I think the idea that it was becoming a 'destination' was the issue. Instead of having to spend levels 7-9 in the maze, because before there was a gap in good content for that range, players will now explore the new content during those levels.

And as I'm sure you've seen, the benefits from doing the quests located in these areas give you a far better 'lunge forward' in equipment.

Dimidium

I think the 'lunge forward in equipment' should coincide with gold and experience. It makes the game exciting to play!

vondarkmoore

The complaint is that you use to be able to make 5k+ gold per run, but after revamp that is down more to 2k gold. People.would stay there and farm up the 35k gold for vaults, 20k for advanced skills, and 25k for for house, then have extra to buy maxed purchasable gear/pot/scrolls in short order. It allowed people to build up hundreds of thousands gold while still being somewhat mid lvl. At an average xp of 2k and 5k gold per run, by the time you farmed 30k xp, 15 runs, you made 75k gold, if not more. This unbalanced the gold ratio for mid lvl pretty drastically. With the revamp, old farmers will know the difference, but new players will only see the ballance.

Also, as stated previously, there is good gold to be farmed in the new zones that opened. The draw back, and intended, I believe, is they don't sit right on the boarder of town, so the round trip for the farm is longer. Thus reducing the gold per hour earned, but not reducing the amounts that can be earned per item.

ShadowJack

Hi I think I found the real problem
The insanely low resale prices for the treasure is the real problem.
This is the first game I have ever played where you get less than 50% of an items resale value.
When it comes down to it we are all selling/trading awesome treasure for 1 90 hp healing potion more or less.
My 20th lvl character has almost 400 hp and I can lose them all from 3 or 4 attacks from the right monster/opponent.
Having to carry around 10 or 20 of those potions was mandatory for many of my adventures now it takes sooooo long to come up with 10 potions it almost a game killer at my lvl.
I think the fix is so simple......
Give us 50% of the face value of any items sold.
everything else is pretty much ok or a matter of opinion and play style.