Max Usefull Spirit Resistance (100?)

Platform
All

Arcanmaster

What will happen if have spirit resistance > 100?
The chances of which of the three outcomes is determined by Spirit Resistance. First, using the Resistance equations above, your Spirit Resistance is converted into a Calculated Spirit Percentage, and than that Calculated Spirit Percentage is used to determine the chance of each outcome in the manner below:
  • Outcome 1, taking the full effect of stun / paralyze attack occurs with the chance of (100% - Calculated Spirt Percentage).
  • Outcome 2, taking half effect of the stun / paralyze attack occurs with the chance of ( Calculated Spirt Percentage / 2).
  • Outcome 3, taking no effect of the stun / paralyze attack occurs with the chance of (Calculated Spirit Percentage / 2).
  • Note: The chances of Outcome 2 and Outcome 3 are the same.
Does it mean when you have Shiny Sun > 100, you always have 50% for full negation and 50% for partial?
And there is no point having Sun > 100?

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
There is no useful Spirit resistance

• equip the Amulet of Dark Whispers (Fighters, Mages) the Bloodied Scarf (Rogue) or Ring of Holiness->Conductive Vest (Cleric)
  • paralyze was nerfed in the last update; Askatir Mine used to be a place of true terror - now it's an inconvenience

Prior to the update I'd very seriously reconsider doing the Mine without heavy resistance, equipment, or advanced skills. Now it can be done by anyone providing you don't rush the rooms.

Last edited:

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
True. But still, is it worth getting Spirit resistance up when you have Equipment for it?

Arcanmaster

Bonuses from equpment should be enough to have sun near 100, does drinking potion of clarity have some effect?

VDX_360

Staff member
The Stun / Paralysis mechanic has long been troubled resulting in it getting nerfed. The old version was so bad that player's just skipped even trying and went for Stun Immunity equipment.

Part of the challenge was Stun / Paralysis was complicated making hard to figure out a player's actual chance to avoid the effect, the other part was that even with extremely high stun resistance would still have a solid chance to get stun locked.

Trace Da Cruz

For what I read, we don't get to put any numbers in our favor with spirit resistance? ...Darn

And regarding to the "nerfing" the patch notes in GOG says the paralysis was reduced to 6 seconds from 10, but I'm getting 8 seconds, which is still enough to be annoying... was it reduced 2 or 4 seconds?