Massive Critical's 50% chance to instant kill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claytopia

That's what I assumed it meant.
It certainly doesn't seem that way in play though.

Grim Rapper

Yes it is.

Critical damage (which you can trigger it base on the odds percentage at the equipment UI) normally do 150% of your normal damage for the highest critical damage ratio

However, Massive Critical gives you an insane amount of critical damage within its critical percentage odds beyond the normal 150% damage boost, with an another chance of doing an instant kill to any Normal Enemy with 2 level below you, so the "prize" that you get is the Critical Damage bonus, and the Insta-Kill as a "Bonus"

another example is my Lv. 30 Rogue using Shortsword of Frost dealt 21-24 damage (+2 Cold) with 6% critical odds, here's my critical damage output list

without Massive Crit. Skill -> 6% odds, 25-36 Damage
with Massive Crit. Skill 1 -> 6% odds, 25-48 Damage
with Massive Crit. SKill 2 -> 6% odds, 25-60 Damage
with Massive Crit. Skill 3 -> 6% odds, 25-72 Damage

you can see that the highest critical damage ratio is the only number that significantly increased when upgrading the Massive Crit. skill, it doesn't increase the critical percentage odds at all because it's the base odds that the Massive Crit. skill effect take place

My suggestion is this: Playing the odds of he critical percentage odds, you can do that by increasing the odds (adding Precision Shots skill and/or Precision Strikes Skill) or increase your DPS instead (adding Rapid Fire Skill and/or Flurry Skill)

hope this explanation helps you

TL;DR -> skill only for Boss Battle / Creep cleanup

VDX_360

Staff member
Massive Critical III increases critical damage up to 300% of max weapon damage, thus increasing damage of critical hits. It also gives each critical hit a 50% chance to do an instant kill hit. Most of the time the game says "Massive Critical" when the instant kill happens, but sometimes it seems to get skipped (the text doesn't appear, instant kill still happens). The not-always-there text makes it harder to track how often it happens.

Precision Strikes (or Precision Shots) increases the base rate of critical hits, so it pairs well with Massive Criticals for critical hit builds.

Link to Wiki for Massive Critical
http://www.exiledkingdoms.com/wiki/inde ... _Criticals

FQVBSina

I have noticed that when lots of hits are happening, the hit texts would stack and go below the screen. Likely that is where the Massive Critical text went.
Mod Note: Full quote removed. No reason to use full quotes when just replying to the comment above.

VDX_360

Staff member
Wow... this is a blast from the past and a bit of a necro post. But I can see it's on topic.

In general, bosses, demi-bosses, unique enemies tend to be immune. That's to prevent someone just one-hitting a boss with a lucky roll. So my understanding is all the members of the debate are immune to the instant kill effect. Can't say for sure without looking at the code.

mashedpotatogin

Alright thanks, despite the old forums, many still flock to play this underrated game. Thanks again for the info

Status
Not open for further replies.