MAJOR archery problem (bug? Nerfed?)

Cuckoorex

On occasion, I'll run into a situation where an enemy is unable to reach me for melee combat but I can hit them with my fiery bow. I encountered an orc warband and due to the terrain was able to fire on them without them getting to me... BUT it's like they were regenerating. I was doing 2 fire damage plus basic weapon damage each hit, and I would see a little sliver of red on their health meter, but it would IMMEDIATELY go back to full green. I only managed to kill them when I happened to score a massive crit with each of them after minutes and minutes of hitting them with no progress. Same thing happened against an Ice Wolf in the cave, except after nearly 6 minutes of hitting it with no massive crit to take him out, I finally engaged in melee and took him out in three or four hits. Don't know whether this is a bug or a way of nerfing archers when enemies get stuck, but either way it seems to me that an archer build is doomed to failure.

Glass Cannon

Loreseeker
Lol..... if its a rumor boss you the chance that the boss is healing them.... i dont see an other way then this....

Or ( restart game + phone ) and restore game.

Or is game out of date ????

Or jou are just lucky having highlander orcs..... ( only really killable by heading them and retrieve there power.... :lol:

Cuckoorex

The Orcs were the Orc Commander and Troopers that are one of the random encounters. The Ice Wolf wasn't getting healed by any boss as the boss was not engaging me in combat, and none of the ones I fought in melee were getting healed, either. Besides, when Bosses or Witches or whatever heal their allies, it's after there's a noticeable bit of damage has been done to them.

The Orc Troopers I killed (only because I lucked out with massive crits) weren't engaging me at all; they didn't get the red exclamation points above their heads, they didn't move to try to get to me at all. The Ice Wolf, on the other hand, definitely did see me and was trying to get to me, except it ran into a stalagmite and was stuck in full run mode with its nose pressed against rock. I had to have hit that Ice Wolf with like 80 arrows, and his health bar remained full.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Iirc there was a change in the last update: Enemies which get stuck somewhere will insta-heal, just like you described. This was introduced to prevent players from trapping bosses (like the Undermother in the stalagmites) and killing them without much effort.

I don't know how the game engine detects whether an enemy got stuck or not. Maybe this accidently also applies to enemies out of range which do not detect you and therefore are standing still (which may be misinterpreted as "stuck"). That would explain your encounter with the orcs.

Whether this behavior is intended by David or not I don't know.

Cuckoorex

MikeB":30x0wb51 said:
Iirc there was a change in the last update: Enemies which get stuck somewhere will insta-heal, just like you described. This was introduced to prevent players from trapping bosses (like the Undermother in the stalagmites) and killing them without much effort.

I don't know how the game engine detects whether an enemy got stuck or not. Maybe this accidently also applies to enemies out of range which do not detect you and therefore are standing still (which may be misinterpreted as "stuck"). That would explain your encounter with the orcs.

Whether this behavior is intended by David or not I don't know.

Ah, that explains the Ice Wolf at least... but the Orcs not responding at all when I was hitting them was strange. If you're trying to use archery to lure enemies to you one by one to avoid getting swarmed, then these guys are immune to that tactic... oh well, at least they could still be killed with a good massive crit.

Xen

Loreseeker
I think MikeB's assumption is correct. It is a way to prevent archers from trapping enemies(especially the boss enemies) in the rocks, trees, or even corner of doors. I know it is a strategic way for archers but everybody see it as an exploit to the game because only archers can do that, in some point I agree for boss enemies but I don't like fighting boss enemies when they always chase the archer first instead of the one in melee even if you go at the back of your companion it still occurs. Logically speaking it is normal because most of the people will go to the one with high damage-dealing capabilities and low defense instead of putting down the ones with high armor but not so high damage. What I mean is the enemy's AI will likely chase the one that can probably kill it faster or should I say can do most of the damage to it.