Magma shortsword as rumor boss drop

KYTX

Translator
So, I'm playing as Rogue (almost at lvl 23 now) and found out about Magma Shortsword. It can be sold to warrior guild members only and unless you made a silly choice (like myself) and prefer something else as a reward for clearing the orcs' camp at Kingsbridge, you'll never get it. Sure you can join Warrior's guild but as a Rogue you'll lose more than gain.

Is it possible to consider adding this weapon as rare rumor boss drop like several other potent weapons? It'll still be hard to obtain but at least a late game Rogue could have a chance of getting it.

Sure, there's Magma Axe that I did get and it's great. However Rogue just doesn't look quite right swinging a big axe and elemental dps of Magma Shortsword is 10% better than Magma Axe, so I still see an incentive in spending time grinding it.

VDX_360

Staff member
Unlikely....

The game's mantra is choices have consequences. The Fort Assault offers several unique or uncommon items as a reward. Depending on your class, build and guild, each item offered may be unique for your play through.

If you don't like the Magma Ax, try for the Magma Longsword. You don't need to beat anything to get it, you just need to survive a fire dungeon.

Wiki page:
http://www.exiledkingdoms.com/wiki/inde ... =Main_Page

VDX_360

Staff member
Ring of Health: +20 health, +20 poison resistance, only two chances to get one in game. Nifty items when fighting poison dragons, spitting spiders and other poisons areas.

Arcane Pendant: +15 fire resistance, +15 lightening resistance, some health and mana. Unique item, decent element protection for mages.

Magma Shortsword: Only light fire weapon in game (?), Only place to get it if not a member of the warrior's guild.

Breastplate of the Forge: Unique Item. +20 fire protection, decent armor.

KYTX

Translator
I thought the same when I was level 9 or 10 completing the quest. But later in game I realized if you need extra 20 or 40 HP you're doing something wrong. Greater rings of endurance available later in game offer superior toxic protection. Fire armor for warrior seemed a solid choice too, until I met Hirge and I never used any other companion. Arcane Pendant...well, I'm not a mage myself and who knows if we're ever going to get a mage companion. So, of all rewards, only Shortsword of fire proved the most useful in the late game. There are already some great items dropping from rumor bosses, RARELY. So, consequence for not picking the shortsword at that point can be having to grind hard to get it.

KYTX

Translator
I save it for Hirge to fight trolls. It's better than flaming amber (or what ever that mace is called)

Atomos

You can always use vulcan dagger, Justice, or flaming dirk. Rogues main damage source is stab skill, so base damage shouldn't be that important ;)
KYTX":3qx6jpni said:
I save it for Hirge to fight trolls. It's better than flaming amber (or what ever that mace is called)
1st level of Arbenos might works too for her, and saves you trouble with switching equipment ;)

KYTX

Translator
I don't have Justice yet. And my Hirge is only trained in healing, other skills only passive. Any active skills is a waste of mana for her. In fact, I just erased my lvl23 playthrough and started over on Casual. Not being able to save in dungeons was frustrating me too much anyway. I'm getting that shortsword.