Mage woes

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
G'day fellow Thuramian wizards!

Reading the comments, it made me realise that everyone has been playing their mage in their own way. And it's awesome. This is the beauty of the mage class: it is the class with the most diversity!

PS: Bonus points if your character has an elemental theme! I just started a game with a Sun Mage, which can only use Fire and Spirit elements. ;)

p4ran0id

Staff member
You can't kill the ice wolves and ice dragon in tower of Tremadan with the ice storm. This delays the Bag of Holding. The bag is mandatory as it makes the game a lot easier and smooth.

There are a lot of fun builds, but there is only one optimal build, which is max lightning + iron golem + hirge 😎

Doesn't matter much, I'm talking about the start and icestorm is ideal for that, no need to max it, just one skill point is very helpful at beginning. That way i solved the BOSTASH competition and killed firedancer with Ironman on lvl 3 (without companion)

Also you have to reskill a mage more often to get optimal build depending on your lvl.

I prefer to start with ice storm and go for lesser summoner (lvl1) and then for staff mastery. Around lvl 10 I reskill it and once in icemist and high enough lvl for iron golem and summoner I reskill again.

I'm one of best mage player here, on Google leaderboard I was long nr1 on Ironman, now someone beat me by one point. Mage takes a while to get used to him, but once you get it it will be much easier to play

Edit: also get that staff as soon as you have around 5000 coins, you can use enclave in new Garand and teleport to nivaria, buy it there and go back to new Garand , bit expensive but very useful and easy to get at low lvl

Also have always 1-2 speed potions in inventory to flee (and of course scroll of recall)

Last edited:

Vitas

G'day fellow Thuramian wizards!

Reading the comments, it made me realise that everyone has been playing their mage in their own way. And it's awesome. This is the beauty of the mage class: it is the class with the most diversity!

PS: Bonus points if your character has an elemental theme! I just started a game with a Sun Mage, which can only use Fire and Spirit elements. ;)
Sun mage vs Lord of the Pit, who will win? 😆
Mage takes a while to get used to him, but once you get it it will be much easier to play
Once you know the game well enough, only Iron Man can give you a challenge. The difference between Hard and Iron man is like earth and the sky. Death in Iron man is like a kick in the balls, need some time to recover 😟

p4ran0id

Staff member
Ironman will change your playstile completely compared to hard. You have the thrill to die every second, that's a very nice experience. But it took me months and years to get there, my first playthroughs were of course on causal, later on hard. And my first Ironman run took me over 10 tries because I died too often before getting lvl 10+

But it teached me how to flee, so very useful training 😂

p4ran0id

Staff member
Iron man and dungeon traps, whenever you hear that sound it's like... hard to describe
That's why I used mage for my first Ironman run. With mage armor the trap will be nullified and does no dmg to you

p4ran0id

Staff member
That's how you should play a mage. Fighting is not always an option, learn how to use mob control and how to run

It's my video, did some of them 😁

Vitas

Nice how you did it without Gris 👍, but kinda slow 😁
Post automatically merged:    

Though I can see how storm could be useful, I tried it couple of times, then returned to save point and never used it again

VDX_360

Staff member
Ice Storm takes a bit to master, but it can be quite effective. It's ability to hit multiple times really racks of the damage.

Using the 6 Hour rest to avoid resetting a dungeon is smart rest management.

Molokot

I never had problems in ark on any character, played that stupid ark so many times that i am not dying there at all . And why you want to heal golem? You just sumon another one when he dies :D