Mage special item idea - Deck of Many Things

ClockworkGhost

Not the same deck from D&D, so no copyright problems, instead a deck of 22 cards based on the major arcana from a Tarot de Marseille deck. I'm a professional tarot reader myself, have been for a long time, so happy to develop this into a feasible game tool that's not too OTT if needs be :)

Basically, each card could be used once and each would have an effect based on the card itself.

Sharkyinthe UK

ClockworkGhost":qqounvvq said:
Not the same deck from D&D, so no copyright problems, instead a deck of 22 cards based on the major arcana from a Tarot de Marseille deck. I'm a professional tarot reader myself, have been for a long time, so happy to develop this into a feasible game tool that's not too OTT if needs be :)

Basically, each card could be used once and each would have an effect based on the card itself.

Each card acts like a scroll, make it a collectable item, you can't use it till you have all 22 cards ?

Make it open to all classes, make it an ancient Thuram item, that the PC can only use because s/he has the blood of an archmage ?

Sounds like an awesome quest !

Aalandryll

Loreseeker
Sharkyinthe UK":1r9wyid4 said:
ClockworkGhost":1r9wyid4 said:

Each card acts like a scroll, make it a collectable item, you can't use it till you have all 22 cards ?

Make it open to all classes, make it an ancient Thuram item, that the PC can only use because s/he has the blood of an archmage ?

Sounds like an awesome quest !

Can't be an ancient Thuram... all of the exiled kingdoms are only about 100 years old... if I am understanding the opening movie and Lore from in game correctly... Ancient Tolassian... Ancient Imperial... or some other civilization thus far undiscovered possibly...