Mage - No Crits with Elemental only Weapons?

S-Vole

I noticed that my mage never gets a critical hit when wielding weapons that only do elemental damage, e.g. the Tesla Emitter or the Rod of Incineration. He's level 25 so I took him to kill a ton of scrubs to make sure. As soon as I switched to a weapon that does at least some normal damage, e.g. the Branch of the Holy Tree or the Wand of Power, I started getting crits at the expected rate. Has anyone else had this problem? I assume it is a bug, otherwise the critical rate of the elemental-only weapons would be zero. I am playing the Android version.

VDX_360

Staff member
My understanding is critical hits do not apply to any type of elemental damage. Thus elemental weapons won't get critical hits?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I think elemental damage does not crit. I will check the code the next time I go through damage for some reason, but it is what I remember, yeah.

Dmitri

Loreseeker
As VDX and David said, Elemental damage doesn't have any kind of crit boost, only physical damage, only time when Elemental damage is boosted if enemies are vulnerable to that damage. So it's based on their -ElementalResistance on how much more elemental damage you'll get.

S-Vole

Thank you all for confirming, I really appreciate it. Bummer though, one of the mage's big advantages is high-level weapons that do uncut elemental damage. If my mage can't crit with those weapons I'll probably swap my Precision Shots and Massive Criticals skills for Fire Ward and maybe Shock Ward.

Commiades

I'm sure I noticed my mage doing damage in the critical range with his staff of the dead kings. That's all 'death' damage. I could experiment more with elemental staves or wands.

Dmitri

Loreseeker
I'm sure I noticed my mage doing damage in the critical range with his staff of the dead kings. That's all 'death' damage. I could experiment more with elemental staves or wands.
Not really, maybe you saw your damage from the Staff of the Dead Kings boost against enemies with (-)death element, because i tested the theory and i never got a critical hit. :/

Commiades

Not really, maybe you saw your damage from the Staff of the Dead Kings boost against enemies with (-)death element, because i tested the theory and i never got a critical hit. :/
I was fighting Ashen Minotaurs. Average damage was c. 40, occasionally it'd go to c. 60. This wasn't a result of the varying resistance of the oracles v. the rest, and it fitted what was in the mage's stats.

Makrove

Post automatically merged:    

I think elemental damage does not crit. I will check the code the next time I go through damage for some reason, but it is what I remember, yeah.
Mr.david actually pure elemental staves and wands does critical dmg but no blue text on screen tell you there crit dmg only in battle log I saw like 2-3x dmg of my staff but for instakill of the massive critical skill there no blue text and doesn't instakill no matter what I test it for hours.

and I didn't know there somebody post like my post but I hop you look it it's more explain about the bug/issue.

Last edited: