Mage - No Crits with Elemental only Weapons?

S-Vole

I noticed that my mage never gets a critical hit when wielding weapons that only do elemental damage, e.g. the Tesla Emitter or the Rod of Incineration. He's level 25 so I took him to kill a ton of scrubs to make sure. As soon as I switched to a weapon that does at least some normal damage, e.g. the Branch of the Holy Tree or the Wand of Power, I started getting crits at the expected rate. Has anyone else had this problem? I assume it is a bug, otherwise the critical rate of the elemental-only weapons would be zero. I am playing the Android version.

VDX_360

Staff member
My understanding is critical hits do not apply to any type of elemental damage. Thus elemental weapons won't get critical hits?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I think elemental damage does not crit. I will check the code the next time I go through damage for some reason, but it is what I remember, yeah.

Dmitri

Loreseeker
As VDX and David said, Elemental damage doesn't have any kind of crit boost, only physical damage, only time when Elemental damage is boosted if enemies are vulnerable to that damage. So it's based on their -ElementalResistance on how much more elemental damage you'll get.