Mage Discussion Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VDX_360

Staff member
KYTX":o67nmb74 said:
I also have a couple of playthroughs with Warrior and Cleric only about lvl 5 or so.... Should I restart them or will juicy mage loot be available in those playthroughs?
At that low level, I wouldn't worry about it. I don't think you'll miss anything and even if you did, it would be the bottom tier stuff that you'd replace right away or ignore altogether. I think the first interesting mage item that you -might- hang on to is dropped by the goblin chief from Lannegar Mine, but that is only because it has some fire resistance on it (you'll likely not wear it but you'd be tempted to keep it for fire places).

webnetita

Are the trait points earned with specific items valid for the achievement of the requirements for specific abilities?
Thank you in advance.

Cuckoorex

webnetita":dovhxvtf said:
Are the trait points earned with specific items valid for the achievement of the requirements for specific abilities?
Thank you in advance.

You need to have the "natural" trait point minimum to learn skills. The buffed traits will work to make trait checks during gameplay, though.

toopa

Translator
deadcorpze":2jd0428g said:
Has anyone finished the arc in hard mode? what're ur equips and skillsets?
I did, I was level 20 (leveled to 21 while in the last stage). I 99% used Lightning Bolt LVL 3 and Mage Barrier LVL 3. I started with about 60 or 70 shock resistance and raised it to 100 after getting new equipment (I also used Shock Ward for higher resistance).

I usually killed the Steel Spiders with 2 Lightning Bolts and 1 Mage Barrier damage. Against the Steel Wizards you need to "zigzag" (avoid their "laser") and use the Lightning Bolt skill. It's possible to kill them without taking any damage, if you do it correctly. Once you made it to the first healing station things should get easier. Also, my biggest threat were those randomly moving "red balls" (in the lower area) that still deal much damage to mages, even with anti-rad protection. I had like 280 health and 400 mana, so I constantly had to be careful not to die. It was really hard at first, but got easier by time,

VDX_360

Staff member
The special balls of joy (deliberately vague) are a pain for low HP wizards. Mages don't have the HP of a warrior, the healing ability of a cleric or even the sprint ability of a rogue.

Various mage builds have gotten through the Arc, and even beating the game. This includes a mage beating the arc through the fighting outcome (deliberately vague).

deadcorpze

Thanks toopa. I'll surely consider mage barrier

VDX_360":ac7g2zuw said:
The special balls of joy (deliberately vague) are a pain for low HP wizards.

Does that mean I'll max the body development skill and wear the force belt then? Haha. Seems plausible eh but if I may ask are there equipments for mages that can be farmed in the ark aside from the ring of the star traveller and automated gloves?

toopa

Translator
deadcorpze":3al9rchk said:
if I may ask are there equipments for mages that can be farmed in the ark aside from the ring of the star traveller and automated gloves?

There is that helmet that adds 3 Agility which should increase your damage and also some sort of coat for mages that has pretty neat stats. There also are staffs both 1H and 2H, so that can help against the Steel Spiders, although Lightning Bolt is what you should use instead. I also think it's better to have it on LVL 3 and not LVL 4 cause it will become way more expensive and you would need a lot of mana potions.

I guess it's probably a good idea for mage to have Body Development for that area, because you can die in like 2 seconds if you have less than 300 HP and things go wrong. If you can get it up to like 450, it would make things easier for sure - especially as Lightning Bolt's damage doesn't depend on your traits but your character's level.

deadcorpze

Ah screw it. I'm maxing arcanist instead. I always run out of mana using tesla rod. It seems like a mage without a mana is a dead mage in the ark '____')
Also if u could point me to where I could get a very nice leggings. I've been using breeches of the mad wizard since lv 9

Status
Not open for further replies.