Mage Discussion Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronx2016

Super excited to play the Mage, just fired one up, on Level 7 now...

1. Do fireballs definitively affect companions YES / NO ...???
2. I love to trigger a mob with fireball, then suck them into a corridor for a L2 lightning bolt. Zap!
3. Just discovered the orbs, etc. Surprisingly cheap, so I'm gearing up quick.
4. Noticing that I can handle MUCH harder enemies at this level than ever before. I can pretty routinely take out all the elite orcs / bodyguard orcs near the Orc King in the Bluemist underground orc lair... can't get the King yet (and all this was level 6... gonna have to go back and pay a visit)
5. Went to Sydarun at Level 6, totally not afraid to wander around anymore, the game is REALLY fun as a Mage.

So far, I've pumped all my traits into INT (4 right now; already found a Tol. tome), 2 END, everything else 1). Skills are all over, since I just want to experiment. Only level 2 abilities are currently in Lightning Bolt and Mana production. Have wands (oak and scorcher) and staff (force), using Flamedancer robes and Journeyman stuff, as well as Blessed Necklace and mystic rings.

Again, really REALLY fun. Well done devs, and Bravo!!!

P.S. Can't wait to see Mage equipment charts!!!

VOSTOK

Translator
As well have question. Wand with atribute Magical I - what this attribute does? I figured out, that eats mana with each shot. I thought it adds damage based on intellect, but no.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
VOSTOK":1bqmb2hu said:
As well have question. Wand with atribute Magical I - what this attribute does? I figured out, that eats mana with each shot. I thought it adds damage based on intellect, but no.

Tap on the attribute to know what it does.

VDX_360

Staff member
Ronx2016":qyksfeuf said:
1. Do fireballs definitively affect companions YES / NO ...???
Your Companion should be safe from your fireballs. You are not. But, feel encouraged to equip him or her with fire resistance just for the fun of it.
Also, this is one you can easily check for yourself in the combat log.

VDX_360

Staff member
Ronx2016":5fivic59 said:
2. I love to trigger a mob with fireball, then suck them into a corridor for a L2 lightning bolt.
You can also do the opposite. Use lightening bolt as a first attack for the stun, than fireball to finish them off, if needed.

VDX_360

Staff member
Ronx2016":2525c55y said:
4. Noticing that I can handle MUCH harder enemies at this level than ever before. I can pretty routinely take out all the elite orcs / bodyguard orcs near the Orc King in the Bluemist underground orc lair... can't get the King yet (and all this was level 6... gonna have to go back and pay a visit)
The offensive ranged nature of the Mage means the class can punch above it's weight class pretty well, until you fight something that can get to you. Wand Mastery for knock back or Staff Expertise for Slow will help in that regards (Wand 1-H, Staff 2-H). Also speed potions and summons can be quite helpful against mini-bosses and bosses.

Mage between Level 5 and Level 7 can hold their own against Level 10/12 Winter Bears and Bears so long they keep distance. A few paw strikes and you're dead but if you can stun and fry them, you can get good XP, and fat for better potions.

VOSTOK

Translator
I will recommend to drop one point to endurance to get little more HP that will be enough to survive undetected spike traps or traps on the bridge that can not be avoided. For me this +1 to endurance really helped a lot. I had 65 HP, spikes hit me like 71. Now I have 75 that gives me chance for mistake.

Mortifer

I would advise anyone that wants to get a elemental summon to get the earth one. You can get him in Icemist after joining the mage guild. Coupled with the Summoner skill which you can also get there which raises the level of your summons you get a level 18 Iron Golem. Its an amazing tank and the damage isnt bad. For boss fights I would recommend getting the disintegrate skill which does around 200-300 damage fully skilled.

anvil

I love the mage class!

A question about the two handed staff. Does streength affect this with it's strength bonus?
Or does only agility affect this with it's with it's range modifiers?
Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.