Mage Companion

ForgedPapers

With the new update coming I would guess the devs will add a mage companion since there is not
one at the moment so this thread is my take on this companion.

Name: Sadar

Description: Hailing from a rich Thuramian family, Sadar is an adept caster with vanannari ancestors.

Unlocking Quest: A pointless waste of time...

Description: You meet a young wizard apprentice in Whitetower by the name of Sadar stating that he has been sent on a gathering mission by his teacher but on his way back was attacked by a group of thieves calling themselves the Frostmaw and he will happily pay you if you get back his ingredients. If you don't really see the point in attacking bandits for some stupid herbs like all the smart people you have the option of gathering the ingredients listed below:
  • Merple
  • A new plant the: Frostweed
  • Sparkling powder
  • White wolf pelt
  • Fat
If you collected this ingredients you'll still have fight bandits as you'll have to venture to Icemist to fully complete the quest. As it turns out Sadar was meant to be killed by those bandits being paid by his teacher. As you enter the Icemist fjord you'll be stopped by a group of high level bandits which you know as the Frostmaw,
dealng ice and normal damage in both ranged and melee attacks. Once you kill the leader the others will scatter he drops 50-200 coins and a new item called The Primal Ring giving both mana, ice resistance and health in good amounts once you get to Icemist he will tell you he is extremely grateful and he will deal with his teacher later. Being a companion he will ask if you want him to join you.

Companion Quest: Family Matters

Description: If you enter Icemist while he is your companion a npc will spawn in front of the teleportation pads stating to be a messenger of his family and telling him to meet up with his mother immediately and saying that you (your character) can come along. Once meeting with his mother she will say that his father has gone missing and you need to find him (WARNING! This not for characters under level 15) apon beginning this search you will be able to question npcs that exclude shop npc apon questioning 5 characters a new npc will span called shady merchant apon questioning the shady merchant (In a secluded area so no other npcs around) he will stab you like those forsaken and deal 20% of your health and soon after dealing 3% of your health every hit. With above average health treat this npc as a miniboss once killed drops a note saying "Shifting the prisioner to Whitetower". Sadar then says once you have the note in your inventory that he's heard of a group of deserters have been sighted outside of Whitetower and maybe it's them that have kidnapped him and are trying to ransom him. When you confront the deserters they will attack and deal high damage and one of them being a mage deals ranged electricity damage with a chance to stun. Once all of them are killed a npc that didint attack reveals himself as Sadar's father and says that you and Sadar are his heroes and then says that he can get back to Icemist fine and he will tell everyone of this.

Rewards:

• +10 relationship with Thuram
  • +15 relationship with Icemist
  • 10,000 coins
  • Deserters blade 13-17 damage 15 Dps +3 poison damage
I'm sorry if it's a bit rushed but I hope you enjoy.
ceyou kill the leader the others will scatter he drops 50-200 coins and a new item called The Primal Ring giving both mana, ice resistance and health in good amounts once you get to Icemist he will tell you he is extremely grateful and he will deal with his teacher later. Being a companion he will ask if you want him to join you.

Description: If you enter Icemist while he is your companion a npc will spawn in front of the teleportation pads stating to be a messenger of his family and telling him to meet up with his mother immediately and saying that you (your character) can come along. Once meeting with his mother she will say that his father has gone missing and you need to find him (WARNING! This not for characters under level 15) apon beginning this search you will be able to question npcs that exclude shop npc apon questioning 5 characters a new npc will span called shady merchant apon questioning the shady merchant (In a secluded area so no other npcs around) he will stab you like those forsaken and deal 20% of your health and soon after dealing 3% of your health every hit. With above average health treat this npc as a miniboss once killed drops a note saying "Shifting the prisioner to Whitetower". Sadar then says once you have the note in your inventory that he's heard of a group of deserters have been sighted outside of Whitetower and maybe it's them that have kidnapped him and are trying to ransom him. When you confront the deserters they will attack and deal high damage and one of them being a mage deals ranged electricity damage with a chance to stun. Once all of them are killed a npc that didint attack reveals himself as Sadar's father and says that you and Sadar are his heroes and then says that he can get back to Icemist fine and he will tell everyone of this.

Rewards:

• 10,000 coins
On
you kill the leader the others will scatter he drops 50-200 coins and a new item called The Primal Ring giving both mana, ice resistance and health in good amounts once you get to Icemist he will tell you he is extremely grateful and he will deal with his teacher later. Being a companion he will ask if you want him to join you.

Rewards:

• 10,000 coins

Last edited:

Nopp

Could see how this would and wouldn't work.

It works because mages are op(we all know that)

It won't work because companion AI sucks. For example, using the wrong spell on the wrong enemy, would see how frustrating that could be. Plus you have to keep track on their mana all the time, thus making mage companions expensive to sustain. These are just obvious reasons, but I suck at mage, so what do I know.

Author should get Hirge and max her active skills for experiment. I allmost see how mage use desintegrate on goblin seargents)

Last edited:

VDX_360

Staff member
The Developer seems pretty consistent that a mage Companion isn't in the works.

ForgedPapers

i could see the point of that
The Developer seems pretty consistent that a mage Companion isn't in the works.
Could see how this would and wouldn't work.

It works because mages are op(we all know that)

It won't work because companion AI sucks. For example, using the wrong spell on the wrong enemy, would see how frustrating that could be. Plus you have to keep track on their mana all the time, thus making mage companions expensive to sustain. These are just obvious reasons, but I suck at mage, so what do I know.
^
|
|