• Grissenda

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Othranc

Hello,

Looking to get a consensus of opinion on who is better as a mage companion? (Hope this isn't a question that has been raised in a different thread, i haven't noticed it but im only a casual browser)

Currently im using Grissenda and have since i started my Mage and im trying to decide if its worth gearing up and swotching to Hirge?

Thanks in advance

p4ran0id

Staff member
Which build do you use?

A summoner build works good with Hirge. If you have a more offensive build with Elemental damage and stuff then I would recommend Grisenda to keep the enemies at distance

Renjr84

Early Levels he sucks but when you get into the late teens early 20s Adaon is the man..maybe I just get a bonor cuz he is a dude but hes awesome..and I am currently a mage..

Again I shooed off Grissenda in the beginning but wish I hadn't with all the warrior weapons that you can get but can't use.

Duck123

Loreseeker
My summoner mage uses grissenda but I haven’t tried out hirge, might be a good idea for healing summoned creatures

Renjr84

Duck123":2bx2l8qk said:
My summoner mage uses grissenda but I haven’t tried out hirge, might be a good idea for healing summoned creatures
T hats about all she's good for but I guess the others would also have strengths and weaknesses, I just wish I had adaon when I met the banthrax chick u bang

pedrinho

Translator
Actualy, with an 18 level Golem as a pet almost all the time, I am seriously thinking about dismissing Grissenda... First, because my mage would level up faster without a companion; second, because she is level 20 and my main char is 22, and the difference tends to be bigger every game-day (no, I am not giving xp buffs to my companions!); third, because almost every corridor Grissenda blocks my Golem, or vice-versa, what is really annoying; and fourth, because I have already completed 78 quests - ok, the sewers of horror are stupidly hard, and that cave with four dragons on the ashe land is tough, but I am quite tempted to try a solo run from now on, just to see if I can make it.
And no, forget about the "poverty run"... lol

Renjr84

I would actually like to know if anyone has beat sewer of horrors companion and summoner free...seems impossible

Also am I the only one I have heard a lot of people say the 2nd level is the hardest but to left he 1st level is...I'd rather face those things than mutant rats and devoirers

p4ran0id

Staff member
About 2. Part: I think the second level is easier. You have there a rest point and can solve this step by step or lvl up, 1 or 3 is harder (not only because of the enemies). 1. Is a fight without rest, 3. Is a fight with empty bag (had to do it twice cause I run out of potions (but finished 2 completely))

Sewer of horror is a bitch, without question, but lvl 2 is easier to solve then 1 or 3

Ps: looking forward to lvl 4! There is a closed staircase on lvl 2, let's see what comes there and what David's sadistic side will make with it :D

Renjr84

p4ran0id":bluvcw5a said:
About 2. Part: I think the second level is easier. You have there a rest point and can solve this step by step or lvl up, 1 or 3 is harder (not only because of the enemies). 1. Is a fight without rest, 3. Is a fight with empty bag (had to do it twice cause I run out of potions (but finished 2 completely))

Sewer of horror is a bitch, without question, but lvl 2 is easier to solve then 1 or 3

Ps: looking forward to lvl 4! There is a closed staircase on lvl 2, let's see what comes there and what David's sadistic side will make with it :D
What is level 3? The plane of fire?

Xen

Loreseeker
Hirge is good overall, first because both of you will benefit from recoveries, second because mage is squishy, and third because both of you will surely use exactly the same mana potions. If you're using a staff and golem summon you can consider Grissenda, why? Because Grissenda can stun enemies while you and your golem together with Griss will finish it off as fast as you can to mitigate the possible damage, you'll only use Circle of Restoration scrolls sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.