MAGE CHALLENGE: The Loreseeker School for Nerds!

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
Back to the NEW CLASS COMPENDIUM

LORESEEKER

SYNOPSIS
Tired of being a hero? Sick of having to save the world? Say no more! At the Royal Loreseeker School for Nerds, our students are scrawny little bookworms. No need for prowess nor valor: to become a Loreseeker, all you need is a green shirt, a sharp mind, and a passion for books! As famous Loreseeker Harry Potter once said: "Better to be a smart coward, than a dead idiot!"

In this challenge, you get to play a normal kid at school, with a single dream: to graduate and become Loreseeker! You won't become a hero, so you'll need help from your classmates and teachers. Form a party of up to 5 characters, fill your schoolbag with the necessary scrolls, and go search Varannar's ruins for lost knowledge! Under the supervision of your professors, you'll uncover ancient encyclopedias, annals of forgotten wars, historical tomes, and a myriad of other books filled with forgotten secrets!

NEW CLASS + GENERAL RULES
- Base Class: Mage
- Guild: None
- Companion: Lore Guardian Grissenda
- Difficulty: Any
- Skills: No Mage Skills allowed until all General Skills have been fully mastered. Afterwards, you may learn Mage Skills Level 1 only.
- Items: Green shirt only (no robe, no chest armor), no shield, no 2-handed staff.
- Traits: Intelligence and Awareness must always both be higher than all your other traits (ignore trait bonuses from items).

SPECIAL RULES
EXAMS:
You must complete Prep School and pass the 6 Exams, as detailed below.
STUDENT BUDGET:
You can't spend gold on ANYTHING*, except:
- To buy scrolls (school supplies)
- To buy your first wand
- To sleep or gossip at a tavern (school dorm and cafeteria)
- To buy your first vault (school locker)
- To hire mercenaries (for extra off-campus security)

*That means you CAN'T spend gold to buy potions, weapons, armors, to craft an item, to take a boat, to use an enclave's teleportation, to reset your trait points, to reset your skill points, to pay a beer to a stranger, to learn advanced skills, to buy an ankh of life, to buy a house, etc. This rule is absolute: the ONLY EXCEPTIONS are those listed in the Student Budget.

MUSIC
Harry Potter - Lumos! Extended (Click to play in Youtube)

STORY
"Dear young knowledge enthusiast,
By this letter, it is with great joy that I inform you that you've been accepted into New Garand's Royal Loreseeker School for Nerds! By next week, report to your new Tutor, Loreseeker Anton Gerdt, to begin Prep School. I'm looking forward to see the new book collection you'll contribute to our Great Library on your graduation day!"
- Principle Gebadi

PREP SCHOOL
Seek your Tutor, Loreseeker Anton Gerdt, and follow his instructions. At the end of his tutoring, he'll send you to Loremaster Riella for your Entrance Exam. You may attempt all other exams at any point during your studies, when you're ready.

THE 6 EXAMS
• To begin an exam, hire a mercenary for security, then seek one of the 6 professors and have them join your party. You need a mercenary to ask a professor to join your party and start your exam.
• To pass your exam, you need to go search and find 1 or more new books* while keeping your professor alive, bring the books back and store them safely in your school locker. *(A new book is a title you don't already own in your collection! Your school locker is your vault.)
• If your professor dies or leaves you before your exam is complete, you fail!

PROFESSOR TERAM'S EXAM
Level 2-3, Lannegar Mine
To find him, ask Lannegar's Captain.
Exam: Find 1 new book with him.

PROFESSOR RODNEY'S EXAM
Level 3-4, Lannegar​
Exam: Find 2 new books with him.

LOREMASTER RIELLA'S ENTRANCE EXAM
Level 4
Tutor Anton Gredt will tell you about her.
Entrance Exam: Find 3 new books with her.

PROFESSOR NIUR'S EXAM
Level 3-6
To find him, ask his husband Usham in Southern Bluemist River.
Exam: Find 3 new books with him.

PROFESSOR LISERPIX'S EXAM
Level 6, Sydarun Oasis​
Exam: Find 1 new book with her.

LOREMASTER ZENMO'S FINAL EXAM
Level 9
To find him, ask his wife Eirama in Freetown.
Final Exam: Find 4 new books with him.

VICTORY
GRADUATION:

To graduate and win this challenge, after passing all your exams, report to the Loreseeker School's Principle Gebadi with your schoolbag filled with your own personal collection of 20 different books!

Post a screenshot of your graduation and of your book collection here in the forum for a victory celebration!

Back to the NEW CLASS COMPENDIUM

Last edited:

Apocalypse

Loreseeker

My favorite class from last semester!
- My professor, Loreseeker Liserpix (lady in pink)
- Lore Guardian Grissenda (red hair girl)
- Lore Guardian Tristan (cute guy in leather)
- Research Assistant Trix (tiny blue imp)
- And me, Loreseeker Student, proudly wearing our school's uniform! (green shirt)

Playing with a team of 5 characters is seriously awesome :)
Post automatically merged:    

And here's my last class, on the eve of my graduation!

With my greatest Professor, Loremaster Zenmo, Lore Guardians Grissenda and Constanz, and my last Research Assistant Pyro!

I swear I never had to reload so often in a game in my whole life lolll But I did it! I graduated!!!

Last edited:

Deleted member 30241

My favorite class from last semester!
- My professor, Loreseeker Liserpix (lady in pink)
- Lore Guardian Grissenda (red hair girl)
- Lore Guardian Tristan (cute guy in leather)
- Research Assistant Trix (tiny blue imp)
- And me, Loreseeker Student, proudly wearing our school's uniform! (green shirt)

Playing with a team of 5 characters is seriously awesome :)
Post automatically merged:    

And here's my last class, on the eve of my graduation!

With my greatest Professor, Loremaster Zenmo, Lore Guardians Grissenda and Constanz, and my last Research Assistant Pyro!

I swear I never had to reload so often in a game in my whole life lolll But I did it! I graduated!!!
I can't believe it, those professors are crazy, they fight even they have no chance into an enemy. Congratulations Sir Apocalypse, You are now an official Loreseeker, now you need to locate the Mathrisian Codex to become a Loremaster and after that, the unique Data Pad will make you the Loreking.

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
I can't believe it, those professors are crazy, they fight even they have no chance into an enemy. Congratulations Sir Apocalypse, You are now an official Loreseeker, now you need to locate the Mathrisian Codex to become a Loremaster and after that, the unique Data Pad will make you the Loreking.

Oh my Tol!!!!!!!!!
The Data Pad!!!!!!!!!

You're right, it's the ultimate book!!! The Loreseekers need it...

But I doubt those feeble bookworms could ever dream of surviving Ashen Cape, and they'd need a Muud'ari to pass through the Ark's force field... I couldn't even get near Lady Xidar, let alone defeat her loll This challenge is hard! The Loreseeker class is so weak, Grissenda was the real hero of my team lolll I guess the Loreseekers could hire a Muud to get the Data Pad for them...