MAGE CHALLENGE: Arcane Knight Zealot

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
Back to the NEW CLASS COMPENDIUM

ARCANE KNIGHT

GOAL: To start the game as a true Arcane Knight of Thuram, right from the very beginning! You must play a mage, follow the "code of steel" to the letter, and learn how to wield a magical sword before starting any quest unrelated to your knighthood.

IMPLICATIONS: You must first be admitted into Icemist, enter the Arcane Knight academy and learn to properly wield a magical sword without breaking the "code of steel" and without doing any unallowed quest. Once you can finally wield a sword, if you followed all the challenge rules, report your achievement here in this thread. You shall be celebrated and knighted by the mad Queen of Thuram herself! Then - and only then - will you become an Arcane Knight Zealot, and be allowed to embark on the Exiled Kingdoms's quest to save the world!

RULE 1: To follow the "code of steel", your mage cannot use wands or staves, cannot wear robes, and cannot use the spells lightning bolt, fireball or winter storm.

RULE 2: It is strictly forbidden to do quests, except for Lannegar's quests, Grissenda's quest, the quests given to you by Thuram wizards and Thuram Arcane Knights, and quests given by the Warrior guild.

RULE 3: You can have Grissenda as a companion. She's not a mage nor an Arcane Knight, but she is an honorable warrior, and of noble blood. Thus the Queen of Thuram allows it. But no hanging out with that treacherous lowlife Aadon, and absolutely NO companionship with that pompous religious fanatic Hirge... Disobey, and the Queen shall flush you down the drains of Icemist!

BOASTING RIGHTS: To beat this challenge and obtain boasting rights, you must provide a screenshot of your character wielding a magical sword, swear on your honor that you followed the code of steel AND solemnly swear your oath to the Queen of Thuram!

EXTRA CREDITS: Once named Arcane Knight Zealot by the Queen, she shall send you on your quest to save the world from the Forsaken. Rules 1 & 3 still apply, but Rule 2 is no more: you can do all quests now. But, to truly win the Queen's heart, you must find her ex-lover, Arcane Knight Sir Valeran of Thuram, and challenge him to a duel to the death! Prove your deed with a screenshot of your knight wearing the FULL SET of the fabled magical Thuramian Plate Armor, wielding, obviously, the only magical blade worthy of her Majesty's love, the legendary Queen's Heart.​

Back to the NEW CLASS COMPENDIUM

Last edited:

Xen

Loreseeker
Dear fellow Muud'ari, welcome to the CHALLENGE thread, where you may post your challenge to the Muud'ari community or find the perfect challenge to overcome and brag about it - or die trying! Here is the challenge I give you. Boast if you succeed, or post your own challenge!

CHALLENGE 1:
ARCANE KNIGHT ZEALOT

GOAL: To start the game as a true Arcane Knight of Thuram, right from the very beginning! You must play a mage, follow the "code of steel" to the letter, and learn how to wield a magical sword before starting any quest unrelated to your knighthood.

IMPLICATIONS: You must first be admitted into Icemist, enter the Arcane Knight academy and learn to properly wield a magical sword without breaking the "code of steel" and without doing any unallowed quest. Once you can finally wield a sword, if you followed all the challenge rules, report your achievement here in this thread. You shall be celebrated and knighted by the mad Queen of Thuram herself! Then - and only then - will you become an Arcane Knight Zealot, and be allowed to embark on the Exiled Kingdoms's quest to save the world!

RULE 1: To follow the "code of steel", your mage cannot use wands or staves, cannot wear robes, and cannot use the spells lightning bolt, fireball or winter storm.

RULE 2: It is strictly forbidden to do quests, except for Lannegar's quests and the quests given to you by Thuram wizards and Thuram Arcane Knights.

BOASTING RIGHTS: To beat this challenge and obtain boasting rights, you must provide a screenshot of your character wielding a magical sword, swear on your honor that you followed the code of steel AND solemnly swear your oath to the Queen of Thuram!

CHAMPION: The champion will be the Arcane Knight Zealot of the lowest level!!!
I can do that, but not in Iron Man mode or without companion 😅

Deleted member 28869

So.. no spells and ranged weapons, no companion, only enclave and icemist quests are allowed? Hmmm, for clarity, I can still use summons and mage armor, and by lannegar quests, you mean even the rotting flesh one?

Last edited:

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
So.. no spells and ranged weapons, no companion, only enclave and icemist quests are allowed? Hmmm, for clarity, I can still use summons and mage armor, and by lannegar quests, you mean even the rotting flesh one?

Oh, I forgot to add an exception to the allowed quests so you can have Grissenda as a companion! How do I edit my original post?

So yes, you can use summons and mage armor, but not the 3 basic offensive spells, no wands or staves, no robes, no quests. Except for the quests at Lannegar (including the rotten flesh one loll), and quests given by wizards and arcane knights. That means the enclaves and wizards from Icemist (but not the quest from the Icemist priest of the Three, since he's not a wizard and therefore deserves our utmost disdain ;). But you can also get the quest by the wizard at Kingsbridge who was robbed by Aadon, since he's a mage from Thuram.

And you can do the quest to have Grissenda as a companion. She's an honorable warrior, we can learn a thing or two from her!
Post automatically merged:    

I can do that, but not in Iron Man mode or without companion 😅

In iron man mode? Are you crazy? Lolll
No no no, that's only for the mad wizards who got flushed down the drain and into the sewers of Icemist!

But I forgot to add this exception: you can have Grissenda as a companion!!! She's a warrior, we need her! The Queen of Thuram allows it. :)

PS: do you know how I can edit my original post? I need to add Grissenda as an exception!
Post automatically merged:    

Last edited:

Deleted member 28869

Challenge complete!

I solemnly swear that I absolutely have not used neither wand nor staff nor did I use any spell, save for mage armor during the challenge, and in accordance with the new rule, I have not worn any robes whatsoever.
Here is my character
This was all done in story mode, and counted 21 deaths during the hidalix battle, feel free to demerit me.

Last edited:

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
Challenge complete!

I solemnly swear that I absolutely have not used neither wand nor staff nor did I use any spell, save for mage armor during the challenge, and in accordance with the new rule, I have not worn any robes whatsoever.
Here is my character
This was all done in story mode, and counted 21 deaths during the hidalix battle, feel free to demerit me.

The Queen of Thuram casts her favorite spell, and suddenly champagne flows out of the Icemist fountains!

"I, Queen Petunia of Thuram, of the Andals and the First Men, and Protector of the Realm, hereby bestow upon you the title of ARCANE KNIGHT ZEALOT! Now rise, my beautiful magical knight, and proceed to my private quarters so I may reward your valor until sun rise, as is tradition..."

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
The Queen of Thuram casts her favorite spell, and suddenly champagne flows out of the Icemist fountains!

"I, Queen Petunia of Thuram, of the Andals and the First Men, and Protector of the Realm, hereby bestow upon you the title of ARCANE KNIGHT ZEALOT! Now rise, my beautiful magical knight, and proceed to my private quarters so I may reward your valor until sun rise, as is tradition..."

I just updated the challenge. You can now go earn extra credits, for Her Majesty's love! ;)