MAGE CHALLENGE: Arcane Knight Zealot

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
ROGUE challenge plz

I never played a rogue! We need a rogue expert to come up with a challenge. If one is posted, I'll add it at the top, just below the Arcane Knight challenge!

Brainstorming: what would the game look like if we played it THE WORST rogue scumbag ever? Like systematically choosing the most evil, bitchy, selfish murderous dick-move dialogues and options all the time? It'll be strictly forbidden to ever do or say anything nice. Our sociopathic rogue would be in on the quest not to save the world, but to become member of the Forsaken and pass through the gate at the end. The only companion allowed would be Aadon of course lol. Would it be playable?

Basileus

In iron man mode? Are you crazy? Lolll
No no no, that's only for the mad wizards who got flushed down the drain and into the sewers of Icemist!

Feel free to flush me down the drain into the sewers of Icemist!
I`ve done it on Iron Man.

And here is a full playthrough of it on YouTube: Click Me!

It`s quite similar to the challenge @BattleLord came up with a few years ago - Click!
But this one is a bit easier in my opinion because of single one fact - you can have Gissenda as your companion. That really helps a lot at the beginning of the game.

BattleLord

Staff member
Loreseeker
It`s quite similar to the challenge @BattleLord came up with a few years ago - Click!
But this one is a bit easier in my opinion because of single one fact - you can have Gissenda as your companion. That really helps a lot at the beginning of the game.

That's true, though mine was also a lot harder because it was made before the latest arcane knight skills.
Back then the only melee weapons that a mage could wear was just a handful of daggers.

Although in my challenge robes were still allowed, which gives a bit more flexibility in armor.
And questing was also recommended and even encouraged to get valuable pieces of equipment like the lionskin cuirass.

Though I don't think that my challenge ever got completed by anyone, so it's good to see that this challenge is getting some more traction.

p4ran0id

Staff member
it's not a challenge if it's not on Ironman 😏

also restrictions are kind of lame, without Hirge is not a big deal, but why restrict the quests? it would mean to grind all the time. and why to free from forsaken only? evel ending is 3ven harder, I would change it to 'finish the game'

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
it's not a challenge if it's not on Ironman 😏

also restrictions are kind of lame, without Hirge is not a big deal, but why restrict the quests? it would mean to grind all the time. and why to free from forsaken only? evel ending is 3ven harder, I would change it to 'finish the game'

This challenge is meant to be played before starting the game, so you can start the main quest with an Arcane Knight! Once you become an Arcane Knight, you can play the rest of the game as normal!

Think of it as an extra class :)

Sanathuz

Back to the NEW CLASS COMPENDIUM

ARCANE KNIGHT

GOAL: To start the game as a true Arcane Knight of Thuram, right from the very beginning! You must play a mage, follow the "code of steel" to the letter, and learn how to wield a magical sword before starting any quest unrelated to your knighthood.

IMPLICATIONS: You must first be admitted into Icemist, enter the Arcane Knight academy and learn to properly wield a magical sword without breaking the "code of steel" and without doing any unallowed quest. Once you can finally wield a sword, if you followed all the challenge rules, report your achievement here in this thread. You shall be celebrated and knighted by the mad Queen of Thuram herself! Then - and only then - will you become an Arcane Knight Zealot, and be allowed to embark on the Exiled Kingdoms's quest to save the world!

RULE 1: To follow the "code of steel", your mage cannot use wands or staves, cannot wear robes, and cannot use the spells lightning bolt, fireball or winter storm.

RULE 2: It is strictly forbidden to do quests, except for Lannegar's quests, the quests given to you by Thuram wizards and Thuram Arcane Knights, and quests given by the Warrior guild.

RULE 3: You can have Grissenda as a companion. She's not a mage nor an Arcane Knight, but she is an honorable warrior, and of noble blood. Thus the Queen of Thuram allows it. But no hanging out with that treacherous lowlife Aadon, and absolutely NO companionship with that pompous religious fanatic Hirge... Disobey, and the Queen shall flush you down the drains of Icemist!

BOASTING RIGHTS: To beat this challenge and obtain boasting rights, you must provide a screenshot of your character wielding a magical sword, swear on your honor that you followed the code of steel AND solemnly swear your oath to the Queen of Thuram!

EXTRA CREDITS: Once named Arcane Knight Zealot by the Queen, she shall send you on your quest to save the world from the Forsaken. Rules 1 & 3 still apply, but Rule 2 is no more: you can do all quests now. But, to truly win the Queen's heart, you must find her ex-lover, Arcane Knight Sir Valeran of Thuram, and challenge him to a duel to the death! Prove your deed with a screenshot of your knight wearing the FULL SET of the fabled magical Thuramian Plate Armor, wielding, obviously, the only magical blade worthy of her Majesty's love, the legendary Queen's Heart.​

Back to the NEW CLASS COMPENDIUM

✌🏻😁

Apocalypse

Loreseeker

Wow! Congratulations, young Arcane Knight!!! This challenge is a hard one, you're making the Ice Queen of Thuram shiver with admiration :D

You are summoned by the Queen to her private chambers for your reward. Glory to you, young Arcane Knight!

Post automatically merged:    

PS: New playable characters in the making!

I'm finishing a new set of 10 playable characters right now, in the form of a SAVE file to download/import. I've pre-built a bunch of heroes each with their new class, starting equipment and skills, special starting locations and stuff. Among the 10 new playable characters will be ARCANE KNIGHT BRENO! :D

There's also a Monk, a Ghost, a Vampire Assassin, a Witch of Orogg, an Imperial Archmage, etc.

Oh and Lady Xidar loll

Last edited:

Viktorinoxx

Hi guys, can we accept Mifadis and Azeran's quests since they're also Wizards? Or just the ones from the Enclaves?