How to? Mage barrier help, please.

How to do something?

Nekonamu

I trained mage barrier before I respecced my mage. Now the buy icon is grey even though I have mage armor at 3 (tried it even with 4) and I have enough gold. I can learn everything else besides Mage Barrier and it's driving me insane, because I just can't figure it out why.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!.

VDX_360

Staff member
Let's see if I understand this correctly:
1) Your bought and trained Mage Barrier successfully.
2) You reset your Advanced skills.
3) Now, you can't seem to buy Mage Barrier, even through you meet the requirements?

Let's troubleshoot:
1) Are you sure you have enough gold?
2) Are you sure you meet all the requirements for Mage Barrier (Mage Armour 3, Wizard Guild Rep. 7)?

If you do have the above, check to see if it's an odd NPC loading error. Make a back-up save (save to a slot you don't use). Than go to an outside map (not in town), exit the game, close the game, and restart the device. Than open the game, and load the save file and go back into town and try to learn the game.

Almost every time someone reports they can't learn an Advanced Skill, there's a basic requirement thy're missing.

Nekonamu

Nope I was just dumb buying my first advanced skill and not paying enough attention. I respeeced my regular skills but I didn't understand that you can then later just spend points in your skill menu to level up advanced skills and NOT go to the trainer each time *face palm*. Sorry for the fuss!
This "issue" is now resolved xD

P.S. Thanks for the fast reply!

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
Thuram Professor: "Hey it's that student again... Didn't he pass the exams last semester?"
Thuram Principal: "Oh yes, he did. Somehow he keeps coming back. Just take his money."
Thuram Professor: "We should probably tell him..."
Thuram Principal: "TAKE. HIS. MONEY"

VDX_360

Staff member
Okay, I see the misunderstanding. You thought you had to pay for each level of the skill. Not a common misunderstanding, so congrats on being uniquely special :)

Sooner or later, we all have the embarrassing misunderstanding. For me, I once thought I was kissing a beautiful damsel in distress... turns out it was just a Batrax with a bad hair day.