mage barrier glitch

Darteous

So I ended up not waiting until the end of the year to play again, got to level 21. Went down to the dungeon for the inheritance quest. Summoned my elemental, put on my barrier and kicked the door once and died...

VDX_360

Staff member
For clarity, you're Level 21 was your previous playthrough, and not the one in Unknown Dungeon?

What was your health at the time?

You died at the dialogue box?

Darteous

no, in this playthrough I got to level 21. My health was somewhere between 267-287. It seems the self damage caused a cycle for me to get hit 6 more times by self damage, the number of hits the barrier would last/ hit back.

Once I clicked kick the door I took a whole bunch of hits and died, so between dialogue boxes.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
The door kicking does 2 damage. Maybe you have a corrupted install or saved game? This had never been reported before, and that door is kicked by hundreds of people every day.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Hmmm maybe you hurt yourself, and that starts a loop with your barrier which also hurts yourself, etc. I'll look into it.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Fixed for next update. This could be problematic with all dialogues in which you receive damage, since the source in those cases is yourself. Now a Barrier can never hurt its caster.