Lv. 8 Ironman Cleric -vs- Lady Xidar, Surtag, Tyogos

Ian Skylark

I should have brought more potions

https://youtu.be/BcA1z-nsvWk

Fighting all 3 at once isn't recommended on an Ironman at this level, I just wanted to challenge myself and see if it could be done.

I've played through the battle on my other character before so I kind of knew what to expect. Nevertheless, with my low health, dps and limited mana, it turned out to be challenging and really, really close.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Great vid. You are aware there's a simple way to make the battle much easier, right? :cool:

Driggs

DavidBVal":1rdabv0u said:
Great vid. You are aware there's a simple way to make the battle much easier, right? :cool:

I did this same quest at level 8 and only used 2 potions (As a cleric ironman) there is a way to make the quest difficulty go from high to almost too easy :lol:
Good thing I like to explore places fully and I had a previous playthrough so I knew this method.

phaolo

Loreseeker
Btw, I dared to attempt this quest only at.. level 16. :shock:
I ended up being too OP at that point :roll:

Atomos

I did it late too. The main problem was that traitor. It's surprising that Lady Xidar isn't half as dangerous as him.

VDX_360

Staff member
Ian Skylark":2tfyrc3t said:
Fighting all 3 at once isn't recommended on an Ironman at this level, I just wanted to challenge myself and see if it could be done.
Totally not recommended, esp on Ironman, but as you showed, totally doable. It's a good video to show people who complaint Cleric class is too weak. :)

Is there an Achievement for taking them all on at once? It not, maybe there should be?

VDX_360

Staff member
As the original poster notes, a player doesn't have to take on all three at once, but the challenge fight does highlight some player fighting tactics that are worth noting (I plan on linking to this thread when people complain about Cleric class being too weak).
1) Good, solid, rounded build: All traits at 2, except for PERS at 4, AWA at 0. Gives good balance for 1-H cleric.
2) Good use of Sacred Fire skill as hit-and-go attack: Puts the action in action RPG.
3) Good Companion control: Kept Adaon out of the fight until he's melee would do the most good. No point in having him get wiped out when the Cleric is still doing hit-and-run fire attacks. Adaon as a duel weapon user will do some nice damage at that level.
4) Good potion use: Cutting it a little close with health potions (scary close) but good use during fight and good use of death protection. We could nit-pick about damage dealing potions or having more health and mana potions but yeah, good job.

Overall, a great show case of how a solid Cleric build and good player tactics can make the Cleric a monster of a character. Well done.

Ian Skylark

phaolo":1dk1lk8q said:
Btw, I dared to attempt this quest only at.. level 16. :shock:
I ended up being too OP at that point :roll:

Lol, were you? What a surprise :p

Atomos":1dk1lk8q said:
I did it late too. The main problem was that traitor. It's surprising that Lady Xidar isn't half as dangerous as him.

Yeah, that guy is dangerous. It's why I reserved Adaon for after his defeat, since he has whirlwind. Maybe if I'd given him a bow I might've had an easier time.

VDX_360

Staff member
Atomos":3e4hswnt said:
Lady Xidar isn't half as dangerous as him.
That's because you can sky rocket your death resistance much easier than you can your basic defense :)

Ian Skylark

VDX_360":1ru877co said:
Totally not recommended, esp on Ironman, but as you showed, totally doable. It's a good video to show people who complaint Cleric class is too weak. :)

Is there an Achievement for taking them all on at once? It not, maybe there should be?

Thanks for the compliment, V. I did cut it too close with the potions, I came way underprepared, and that almost cost me..

I didn't notice any achievement pop up when I beat them, but it seems like a neat one to have. Wink wink, David.