Low Level Grind or Advance Main Quest

Jenny-chan

My neighbor recommended this game and I'm enjoying it so far. My question is it better to grind the first few dungeons a few times or to try to work on the main quest? I'm playing as a warrior with a shield (no two-handed axes for me!). The first few dungeons aren't bad but it seems there's an abrupt increase in enemy difficulty in nearby maps. So I'm not sure if I'm supposed to follow the main quest or grind a lot?

I'm playing as a warrior with a shield (no two-handed axes for me!).

I foolishly assume you'll want to put your work towards your best strength for the orc thingie. (Kingsbridge) Warrior's guild?

Free iron shield in south inori. Don't have to care after that. Must fight warlord zurta if warriors' guild.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
The SE corner of Trollfens has a corpse with a nice free green hat (Forest Chain Coif). You don't have to face Trolls but you do have to be able to defeat a few Swamp Scavengers.

PS, which part of the Inori (there is no "South Inori") has the Iron Shield? Which tile, which area of it?

The skeletons of iazur tomb, as far south as the inori approacheth before the lush lands of emerald valley, happen to be known for carrying large amounts of iron shields and shortswords of frost, and smaller numbers of other useful things.

It has a free bed immediately next to this, if one is willing to lie to an evil cult attempting to obliterate the temples of death energy, one of the six known elements.

It is formally square G7 on the map.