Love the game, but sorely annoyed at some things

versora

I am sorely disappointed in the fact that the game forces bandit encounters. I wanna keep my gold, but I do not waste valuable resources fighting UNLESS necessary. Yes, I know it's to level up, but forcing me to battle every ten steps annoys me, and to me, Easy mode is Normal mode with benefits.

PLUS the outrageous prices on healing items. I am sorely butthurt by that. Basically, I have to grind to get money to buy potions. Others may not see a problem but I do. And the price gouging on the Inn for sleeping...... Earning gold becomes a chore.

Don't get me wrong, I love the game. I just wish there were better ways to get money. I know there are Town Hall quests. But I tend to forget I have timed quests.

And hunting wolves for pelts gets rather tedious.

VDX_360

Staff member
1) Bandit Encounters: How often are you running into the bandit random encounter? It should be spaced out a bit and if you run into too close together they don't demand gold or a fight.

2) Healing Items: Yes, healing items are rather expensive in the early game but by mid-game and end-game, there are cheap. Part of the high cost is to prevent just stalking up on health potions in lieu of better equipment, leveling etc. You can shave a lot of cost off health potions by collecting blue and red orchids, takes a lot but doable. Health potions are intended as occasional use, not a go-to item.

3) The game is long and hard. Some players get frustrated because they are pushing too far, too fast resulting in serious health potion consumption (or reliance on the regeneration ability on Casual). It's a better experience if you play the game as it was designed, which is a slower, more careful approach in the vein of older role playing games.

VDX_360

Staff member
What level are you and what's your build? There might be some minor adjustments that make your build a lot more durable for the game.